New Control/Main board Voltage drop 84,4 to 83,4 problem?

DjPanJan

I had a V10F warranty repair because of a fan that stopped cooling effectively.

Because the fan was mechanically OK and because the control board was overheated many times they replaced

everything ,so I have a new motherboard + control module (same FW2.0.10) new serial number etc. The fault is fixed the fan again works like new.

Here rainbow and unicorns ends.....

Before replacing the control board, the voltage at 100%  balanced battery  was 84.4V 

After changing the control board it is only 83.4V 100% after balancing.

The charger is checked by a 84.4V multimeter.

Unit have 940Km.(total) 

I try charging into the green led and waited many hours.

Still only 83.4V

There can be no coincidence 1V change.

My question is......

Does this situation affect me as a unicycle user, that the battery reports as 83.4V when it is actually charged to 84.4V?

I can think of potential problems due to 83.4V can limit travel speed earlier and shorten the overall range of the unit?

Simply calculations will be biased on the basis of incorrect data?

WDGq8NB.jpg

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/WDGq8NB.jpg)

Measure the battery voltage with a multimeter to exclude the accuracy of the readout.

I think on inmotion to measure you need to turn the wheel on to activate battery output. You can measure somewhere on the control board.

Also on some inmotion wheels there is a voltage report error that sometimes goes away after a while.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Before replacing the control board, the voltage at 100%  balanced battery  was 84.4V 

After changing the control board it is only 83.4V 100% after balancing.

The charger is checked by a 84.4V multimeter.

Which accuracy has your multimeter?

Normal values are about +/-0.5% + some least significant digits. So differences of 1V at 84V are within the possibilities of measurement.

Also this is true for the internal measurement of the control board. ... is just a bit strange to get two control boards at the extreme ends of the measurement accuracies ...

11 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

I can think of potential problems due to 83.4V can limit travel speed earlier and shorten the overall range of the unit?

There will be a difference, but hopefully not too much.

In because of this differences (measuring accuracies) the wheels show 100% charge downto some 4.1xV.

So these effects get a bit attenuated...

1V is 1/20=0.05V per cell. In the upper vootage range that correspodents quite exactly to 5% charge (1). Afair capacity gets less with lower voltages - don't know a source for this. So range loss should be less than 5%.

If one assumes the prior bord showed too much you gained by this (up to) 2.5% and now you've lost (less than) 2.5%...

(1) https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries table 2, last column (capacity with full saturation)

• Like 2

I have news official service said to me that 1V is within tolerance and do nothing about it.:angry:

I thought in my sick head what if I charged the battery to 100% balanced 84.4 and disconnected from the motherboard. Then I would reconnect the power, could it be corrected by this procedure?:o
Or is it 83.4 carved in stone? On this unique for control board.:wacko:

It drove me to the idea, when I drove the speedometer again 70 Km (the old board had 940km but nobody knows:ph34r:) that I would sell the V10F. But somehow I found out that there is nothing to replace on the market (given the way I use it). So I would buy a newer batch of V10F with new pedals.

Again, shaking my head if that 83.4V = 84.4V does not raise the safety of the V10F because it will limit me sooner and more on what is needed.:facepalm:

Because demonstrably now on the first flat road from the house where I tested 36km(old board) / h (5celzius) with a new "buged" 83.4V(board) at the same location is  32.6km / h measured both eucworld.

the question is:
 1, Let it be as it is? /
 2, sell? /
 3, repair? /
 4, not to solve and reconcile with it and not to find a way to fix it?
 5, stop whining at the forum

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

I have news official service said to me that 1V is within tolerance and do nothing about it.:angry:

I thought in my sick head what if I charged the battery to 100% balanced 84.4 and disconnected from the motherboard. Then I would reconnect the power, could it be corrected by this procedure?:o
Or is it 83.4 carved in stone? On this unique for control board.:wacko:

It drove me to the idea, when I drove the speedometer again 70 Km (the old board had 940km but nobody knows:ph34r:) that I would sell the V10F. But somehow I found out that there is nothing to replace on the market (given the way I use it). So I would buy a newer batch of V10F with new pedals.

Again, shaking my head if that 83.4V = 84.4V does not raise the safety of the V10F because it will limit me sooner and more on what is needed.:facepalm:

Because demonstrably now on the first flat road from the house where I tested 36km(old board) / h (5celzius) with a new "buged" 83.4V(board) at the same location is  32.6km / h measured both eucworld.

the question is:
 1, Let it be as it is? /
 2, sell? /
 3, repair? /
 4, not to solve and reconcile with it and not to find a way to fix it?
 5, stop whining at the forum

If your power supply is still reading 84.4, and that wheel has no protection diode with a voltage drop, then discharge your battery a bit to say at least 95% and then charge it again and see if you reaches 84.4. It's possible Balancing brought it down, but not far enough for it to not be considered 100% and not in need of charging.

• Like 1

On my inmotion I reach different end voltages from time to time. What you are experiencing could just be temporary.

It could also be a misreading. You can't trust the numbers in the app to be accurate to that level of precision. 

Also it's my understanding that the BMS in the battery that cuts off charging. That part was never changed. Only the volt measuring sensor on the control board was changed.

• Like 1