Problems initialising new wheel

mike_bike_kite

I have a new KS16S. It seems to have about 50% battery - at least the charging lights start at the midway point and go up. I press the on button and it keeps beeping but it doesn't balance. I tried the EUC World app but it didn't see the wheel. Same thing with Wheellog. I tried installing the KS app but even after accepting all the permissions it asked for (does it really need to make phone calls from my phone?) I can't get past the register screen. Do I need an app to ride the wheel? How do I get it to start balancing?

Help!

Mike

24 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I have a new KS16S. It seems to have about 50% battery - at least the charging lights start at the midway point and go up. I press the on button and it keeps beeping but it doesn't balance. I tried the EUC World app but it didn't see the wheel. Same thing with Wheellog. I tried installing the KS app but even after accepting all the permissions it asked for (does it really need to make phone calls from my phone?) I can't get past the register screen. Do I need an app to ride the wheel? How do I get it to start balancing?

Help!

Mike

Seems it's just locked. EUC World will get full KS support soon, but as for now the only way is to use KS app. But you can try with old, "green" KS app. This one isn't that bloated like the new one and should work with KS-16S. Try to use older, non-social King Song app that is listed on @Marty Backe equipment list - https://www.electricunicycleworld.com/p/my-equipment.html

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Help!

Mike

you do need to use the ks app as far as i know to Unlock the wheel. once this is done you dont really need to use the app anymore if you prefere wheel log or the other apps out there

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys. 

I tried a few more attempts at registering on the KS app and finally managed it. I can't say that I was too impressed by the registration process. It would help if it was simpler - I honestly couldn't read the tiny multi coloured numbers that you're required to enter - and couldn't work out why I needed to enter them anyway. I understand that they want to understand where their customers come from but the app should be easier to use. The FAQ page on their web site is full of questions that no-one would ever ask "Do you have a complete QC management system?" but not questions a real life user might ask like "How do I get the damn wheel to start balancing?" or "Is it safe to install an app from an untrusted supplier?" or "Why do you need to grant so many permissions on my phone?" or perhaps "How do I fully unlock my wheel?". Anyway, it's dark now and my wife looks a little peeved that I'm whizzing up and down the hall way so I'll let it fully charge then go for a play tomorrow.