Help Identifying MCM4 version

I just bought a GotWay MCM4 from a seller that didn’t Know much about the wheel, so it was a bit of a gamble to buy, but not very expensive for a toy wheel for goofing off. The wheel is shipped and on it’s way to me, and I only have a handful of info about it. Perhaps someone can help me figure out what version MCM4 this is from the little info I got from the seller. The seller told me it weighed 31 lbs before boxing and 34lbs with the box.  Thanks in advance for having a look!! 

E2F21E33-5955-46A8-9687-6790F660630C.png

53BCB4AC-85F1-4C88-ADAD-8C1C763C10E4.jpeg

9FCDD403-0896-4B36-BB0F-A56308E47422.jpeg

Edited by routb3d

Sometimes the battery configuration sticker is still on the wheel. Otherwise you'll have to open the side panel to see the battery labels for capacity and the control board will also have a sticker on it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Sometimes the battery configuration sticker is still on the wheel. Otherwise you'll have to open the side panel to see the battery labels for capacity and the control board will also have a sticker on it.

Thanks Marty,

It seems that they made so many versions of the mcm4 that it’s going to be rough telling what it is, even after opening it up.. 

I wonder if Darkness bot will report %100 charge at the correct Wh setting. It’s obviously 84V which I think puts it into V3 category. I have no idea how to tell if it’s the HS Category without just taking it up to the 3rd alarm to see.  

then again, I’ll hope there are informative stickers.. I’ll report back.. 

Edited by routb3d
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, routb3d said:

Thanks Marty,

It seems that they made so many versions of the mcm4 that it’s going to be rough telling what it is, even after opening it up.. 

I wonder if Darkness bot will report %100 charge at the correct Wh setting. It’s obviously 84V which I think puts it into V3 category. I have no idea how to tell if it’s the HS Category without just taking it up to the 3rd alarm to see.  

then again, I’ll hope there are informative stickers.. I’ll report back.. 

The MCM4 is absolutely not an 84-volt wheel.

I guarantee if you open the wheel and look at the control board, there will be an identifying sticker that says what kind of MCM4 it is. I've never seen a Gotway control board without such a sticker. The batteries are also always labeled. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The MCM4 is absolutely not an 84-volt wheel.

I guarantee if you open the wheel and look at the control board, there will be an identifying sticker that says what kind of MCM4 it is. I've never seen a Gotway control board without such a sticker. The batteries are also always labeled. 

What about the Wheel log screen shot showing 83.74 V? Is that not accurate? Or does it mean something else entirely? Is there any information we can deduce from the wheel log info? 

Edited by routb3d

1 hour ago, routb3d said:

What about the Wheel log screen shot showing 83.74 V? Is that not accurate? Or does it mean something else entirely? Is there any information we can deduce from the wheel log info? 

WheelLog has a voltage setting. YOU select whether your wheel is 67-volts, 84-volts, or 100-volts via a software toggle. Then WheelLog converts the units from the wheel into the correct voltage.

Whomever created this screenshot had WheelLog configured for 84-volt wheels.

Trust me, the MCM4 is a 67-volt wheel.

Supposedly gotway did do a 84 volt MCM4 pro

http://shop.euc.nyc/14-GotWay-MCM4-PRO-512Wh

Don't know if it was ever in white, and think it was only in the last year or so, so if it's older than a year or so it's likely a 67 v wheel

Never actually seen an 84 volt MCM4 other than on that site though so...

Im sure marty is right about that wheel though... If anyone knows gotway it's him

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

Supposedly gotway did do a 84 volt MCM4 pro

http://shop.euc.nyc/14-GotWay-MCM4-PRO-512Wh

Don't know if it was ever in white, and think it was only in the last year or so, so if it's older than a year or so it's likely a 67 v wheel

Never actually seen an 84 volt MCM4 other than on that site though so...

Im sure marty is right about that wheel though... If anyone knows gotway it's him

Wow, never heard of that. Not sure I trust a webpage, but I guess I can't rule it out. Thanks for the clarification.

The one on this page, with the pictures, has a 3-pin charge port, which is 67-volts.

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, never heard of that. Not sure I trust a webpage, but I guess I can't rule it out....

I can at least attest that the site is real as I ordered a trolley handle from them for my MCM4 like a year ago and I did receive it as advertised.  Don't know how they are for unicycle sales and after sales service but I did get my trolley handle and I did get it rather quickly.

• Like 1

Well, I got the wheel and I love it, but I was hoping it would be the 680wh version..

Sticker on the board says MCM4 V3 HS and battery is clearly the 260wh.. I love how light and nimble the thing is, but I won’t be going very far on it.. At least I now know that I want an MCM5 84V 800wh in my life. I just want a small wheel to pack around in my car and use here and there.. 

I’ll probably use this MCM4 for a little while and sell it off by this summer.. Maybe GotWay or some other brand will have a 10” to 14” wheel new offering for 2020. 

D1526021-0E13-4F9C-A30A-70A7E4CE528D.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, routb3d said:

Well, I got the wheel and I love it, but I was hoping it would be the 680wh version..

Sticker on the board says MCM4 V3 HS and battery is clearly the 260wh.. I love how light and nimble the thing is, but I won’t be going very far on it.. At least I now know that I want an MCM5 84V 800wh in my life. I just want a small wheel to pack around in my car and use here and there.. 

I’ll probably use this MCM4 for a little while and sell it off by this summer.. Maybe GotWay or some other brand will have a 10” to 14” wheel new offering for 2020. 

D1526021-0E13-4F9C-A30A-70A7E4CE528D.jpeg

There's one battery one each side, no? That would mean that you have the 430wh version, which isn't nearly so bad.

• 2 weeks later...

My first EUC was a MCM4 HS 260wh and I still love it (I got a ks16s too) for little trips and urban areas. Light, nimble, fast just enough for the city, no inertia.

I'm about 65 kg and I can do about 25-27 km if I don't push the wheel like a mad.

Here 21 km and 26% battery left:

• Like 1