Please help EUC users in my country to keep their freedom

Tinkererboi

As many of you know, Singapore's oppressive government have begun the clamp down on personal electric vehicles. E-scooters and mini e-bikes known as PMDs (personal mobility devices) have already been completely banned overnight on roads and footpaths.

The Land Transport Authority has hired Auxillary police "officers" who prowl the streets arrogantly threatening anyone on any sort of wheeled vehicle. I myself have been harassed and treated with malice by a group of more than 10 of them while riding my 16x a measly 5km/h on a designated (25km/h) riding path for being too fast. 

Screenshot_20191216-171234_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.07bea58223ea5f4e65a926fec42c146a.jpg

Here is a guy that was kicked by one of those green vest-wearing legalized goons for riding  his PMD on the road. The video shows a clear and nasty faceplant while the media painted a clearly misleading story claiming that the "officer" who had administered the kick had to be checked up at a hospital while the victim was merely treated for scrapes and bruises on his elbows and knees on-site. 

In night of these recent events, I find myself fearing for the safety and freedom of my fellow Singaporeans - EUC user or not. 

I plead with you, please help to sign our petition. The government has classified EUCs under the umbrella of a PMD device and is set to include us in the complete ban next year.

Petition here

That doesn't sound like a positive direction for a society. Can anyone sign or is it just for folks from that area?

Every time I see videos on youtube where someone is showing how fast they can ride an EUC or where they're flying along in pedestrian areas, I think they're just pushing our own governments towards a more forceful ban.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

That doesn't sound like a positive direction for a society. Can anyone sign or is it just for folks from that area?

Every time I see videos on youtube where someone is showing how fast they can ride an EUC or where they're flying along in pedestrian areas, I think they're just pushing our own governments towards a more forceful ban.

My thoughts exactly. I guess the more support the merrier. Do not think it matters where you are from. 

All the EUC users I know myself included only (rarely) test the limits of our devices in safe secluded areas where there are no other humans around. And if we feel the need to share what we learnt from the tests we do so privately. Glad to be part of a community that understands this well. 

I feel that there is still hope to protect the EUC community from the blanket ban as there are no known incidents of accidents or fires in Singapore so far. We hope to convince the government to remove EUCs and even Hoverboards from their umbrella classification of PMDs eventually due to how they are much more suited to co-existing with pedastrians as they take up no more standing space than a walking adult and can maintain balance even at elderly walking speeds.

• Like 1