Problem with KS16S

Marc Font Garriga

Hello good afternoon! Has this happened to someone with the wheel? when you accelerate or brake at very low speeds it makes a strange sound and the touch is not the same as if the wheel were less reactive. I repeat, Is only do it at low speeds, cruise mode no problem, but I'm a little worried..

10 minutes ago, Marc Font Garriga said:

Hello good afternoon! Has this happened to someone with the wheel? when you accelerate or brake at very low speeds it makes a strange sound and the touch is not the same as if the wheel were less reactive. I repeat, Is only do it at low speeds, cruise mode no problem, but I'm a little worried..

Sounds like there is some "vibtation"?

However - such repeated sudden accelerations and decelerations at such low speeds are poison for the wheel. It won't survive it...

In such situations the highest currents flow.

Edited by Chriull

This looks to me like a mild case of a loose board.

Make sure the board is tight in the shell. If it can move a little, this usually leads to this kind of vibrating.

So tighten the screws holding the board (if necessary, and don't overtighten) and check for cracks or broken plastic pieces that might allow the board to move a bit.

• Like 1

uh no that's not normal at all.. sounds like when you stress an mten motor.. you should never hear that noise from a ks motor... something definitely loose

Yep, sounds like the control board or the bolts that attach the shell to the pedal brackets are loose.

The shell bolts don’t even require opening up the wheel to tighten. They are located under the small pads just above the pedals.

10 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Yep, sounds like the control board or the bolts that attach the shell to the pedal brackets are loose.

The shell bolts don’t even require opening up the wheel to tighten. They are located under the small pads just above the pedals.

is that so? i havent opened up my V2, but i have opened up on multiple occasions my first two KS16s'.. the holes providing access to the pedal bracket screws were so misaligned that there was no way in hell you could ever do it without taking the outer cover off.. i thought who in the hell designed this.... anyways the second time i had to open my second wheel i got annoyed and took a dremel to the holes.. i could unscrew them after that :)

3 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

is that so? i havent opened up my V2, but i have opened up on multiple occasions my first two KS16s'.. the holes providing access to the pedal bracket screws were so misaligned that there was no way in hell you could ever do it without taking the outer cover off.. i thought who in the hell designed this.... anyways the second time i had to open my second wheel i got annoyed and took a dremel to the holes.. i could unscrew them after that :)

That’s surprising. They align well enough on mine that I can tighten the bolts. Can’t remove the bolts through the holes, but tightening works fine.

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

That’s surprising. They align well enough on mine that I can tighten the bolts. Can’t remove the bolts through the holes, but tightening works fine.

weird.. after how many revisions and how many models produced... how hard could it possibly be to align the holes... like oh i just built it and the holes are 3mm too high up.. should i A: move the holes down 3mm, or B: produce ten thousand units the exact same way lmao

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1