Tommy

Weight limit for hoverboards

Hey gang,

What is the best model for heavy weight? I weigh in at 250 and plan to use mine on some inclines, so I'm curious as to what models are best. 

We don't have that much experience of hover boards here.

As the group title says we are into unicycles.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Paddylaz said:

You should have an A&E/Hospital Review section.

?

That's funny lol. The models with cheap batteries are the problem. Be sure you buy it with a Samsung batttery, and all suggestions are welcome!

1 minute ago, ThatCharlieDude said:

Why didn't you post this in the hoverboard section? I bet you'd get better results there. 

I'm kind of a forum noob. I'm learning, though. lol

• Upvote 1

I know there is a weight limit around 250 but I have seen bigger people get on the cheapest hoverboards and it ride just fine. The board drives by the shifting of your weight. It may take a little practice to drive on an incline but I dont think you will have a problem or even see a decrease in speed.

• Downvote 1

Weight limit for hoverboard is different depends on types,for weight of 250lbs,you should use hoverboard with bigger wheels,such as 10inch hoverboard and 8.5inch hummer hoverboard,these types will give you good riding experience with safty.

The article is very old but I'd like to give you a suggestion as when I read the comment above I got a bit frustrated that a retailer of these products as I am myself too doesn't know that the 10" is out of the question. Sure if you ride only smooth surfaces with exact pressure in the tires it might not go off in half. But I myself weighing only 78kg have snapped at least 2 frames in the middle riding off-road in the woods. These are mainly built of aluminum.
I know for a fact that the Swagtron hoverboard has an increased durability over the standard boards. I haven't dissected one yet though so why this is I don't know. But its advertised for being more heavy-duty. Best regards, Tobias www.hands-free-segway.reviews

Hi @Tommy, as I know, most of the 6.5" self balance hoverboards support max loading of 110-120kg, which stand for 242.5 -264.5 lbs, while hoverboard with bigger wheels will support higher max loading. For example, the 10" hoverboard usually has a 130kg (286.6 lbs) max loading. If you really like to ride hoverboard, I suggest you to buy the one with 10" wheels. But since that you have a weight of about 250 lbs, the speed will be lower than rider who has smaller weight. Hope my comment can be helpful, thanks.