How often do you inflate the tire?

GMan

Still new. About 100 miles on my V8. I am finding that I have to inflate the tire at least weekly to maintain the 40 lbs of pressure. I have been over-inflating it a bit to compensate and avoid have to inflate so often. Is this typical for the wheel? Nothing horrid but a little annoying and the ride feel deteriorates as the pressure decreases 

I inflate every other month at most. The simplest worth while attempt to fix a small leak is to tighten the valve core.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

Once a month. ... Bicycle tires tend to go flat quicker than most tires. ... I used a sharpie to write car tire on the side. .....Didn’t help. :( 

I added slime and it helped two of my wheels. I replaced the valve cores with air conditioner valve cores and that helped one. I still have one that gets low every month. 

AC cores are for higher pressures and designed for Freon. I have had good luck with them on bike tires with 100 pounds of pressure. Might not be the best at 35 pounds.

Good topic. I just checked my KS18L last night before a ride and it was down to 27psi. So that's why it felt so sluggish! Filled it up to 45 and wow what a difference. It actually felt squirly after that and I had to take it easy for a bit to get comfortable with the new feel. I will start checking more frequent.