Tesla owners, squeezing in a 21700 battery pack, possible?

alcatraz

I can not be really sure without taking the battery apart and measure the balance-leads.

When I build a new battery I plan to install a small smart BMS in parallell with the stock BMS so I can check balance status now and then.

I really like riding this old Gotway Tesla. Unfortunately I got my first punkture a few days ago, so Im now waiting for a ned tire and hose to arrive. My old tire is pretty worn down anyway.

If I would buy a newer same type of wheel, I think I would go for the Kingsong 16X or maybe InMotion V12 HS. We are four people in my familjy, and all of them like to ride EUC, even my wife, so I will probably buy more wheels in the future :thumbup:
The damped wheels seems nice, but a bit big and heavy.

My wheel size is so easy to carry up some stairs or walk into a store without anyone complaining. At the same time I would not want a slower wheel that does not ride at 30mph+ (48km/h) like my old Tesla does.

On 10/2/2024 at 3:21 AM, alcatraz said:

How sure are you that your cells are balanced? The balancing currents provided by the stock bms' aren't designed to take out larger imbalances so it's important to charge to 100% frequently. Especially with older packs.

It will impact your safety margin because the voltage sag will be greater with unbalanced cells. Let's say you have most groups at 3.7v and two groups at 3.5v. When you accelerate the higher groups keep up but the lower two dip down below 3.0v.

Edited by Nisse977