question about GotWay Tesla V2 ... and in general about GotWay eucs...

bpong

y'all;

been riding a glide3 for the past 2 seasons.  i love this machine and its been 100% reliable.  judging by quite a few remarks about the v8/glide3,  i will be keeping it.

the only thing i would like to do is get another euc that is abit faster, and has abit more range.  this machine will be used for riding provincial park roads and trails,  and for

longer commutes and city explorations.

i did have my eye on the kingsong 16 inch wheels,  but then the tesla V2 caught my eye as well.  what attracted me to the tesla V2 is that the integrated carry handle with the trolley being a separate unit in the body.   just like my v8/glide3.  i cannot see how 50+ lbs weight can be supported by only a trolley handle as in the kingsong wheels (lifting up that is, not pulling around)

my question about the tesla V2 is about the quality and reliability of the current crop of GotWay eucs.  i keep seeing the odd negative remark about GotWay products from a few years ago.

i wonder if that has changed over the past few years.

for owners of the tesla V2 and any other newer GotWay euc models,  what is your opinion of their current reliability and current build quality compared to a few years ago ???

thanx in advance,

bpong

My feeling is that while the build and even material quality is not that good, current GW reliability is right there at the top. Certainly fewer posts on modern GW issues than with other manufacturers.

But GWs are very utilitarian wheels, in that most of them offer less in terms of peripherals, accessories and extra functions. Riding ergonomics also tend to leave a lot to desire for me, Nikola excluded. But the motor control algorithms and the amount of immediate power are the aspects that will keep selling GWs.

Having a V8 and a Tesla would overlap functionally quite a bit, in that they have the exact same size tire. If I had them both, I would modify the sidepads on the Tesla for comfort, and retire the V8 alltogether. You will not believe the increase in power you’d get if you upgraded to the Tesla.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

From personal experience I feel like Gotway get a bit of a pass on issues given their higher top speed and perceived performance associated with larger battery pack and higher voltage. from having recently bought a Monster I am getting a lot of "oh you didn't know that's a problem? well its part of regular maintenance!" KingSong feels more like its geared towards a more casual ridership, with its mandatory learning period and all. also I don't think anyone would dispute that the trolley handle on the KS 16x is way better then the off center one on the Tesla. btw if a friend ask me which wheel to buy and money isn't an issue I'll prob tell them to get the 16x.

• Like 1

Kingsong and Gotway seem to be the most reliable. We could find a problem with almost any wheel. ( You don’t have to dig deep on the new Inmotion and Ninebot :facepalm:.) 

I would rank Kingsong and Gotway as a tie for the best. Kingsong has been better at fit and finish and Gotway has bigger more powerful boards.  

I prefer Gotway  :eff034a94a: :efeffe9e4a:  yet suggest Kingsong to the more gentlemen among us. :efef50e3ba: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

thanx to all who posted.  i went with the tesla V2.  its one of the lightest of the performance wheels,  and it has the features that im used to in the glide 3.

happy riding for the approaching summer season 2020 to all !!!

bp

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 11/4/2019 at 8:55 PM, bpong said:

thanx to all who posted.  i went with the tesla V2.  its one of the lightest of the performance wheels,  and it has the features that im used to in the glide 3.

happy riding for the approaching summer season 2020 to all !!!

bp

Hi, i know its an old post, but i wonder if you ended up keeping your v8. I’m in the exact same position as you were and my v8 getting almost no usage now since the tesla. Are you still riding it? And have you moved on since then from the tesla to something even better? Or you still happily riding it?