Jump to content
Rotem Yakir

What do I need to replace to make my used EUC look new?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I bought a used KS18l that is pretty beaten up (see here and here).

What should I replace to make it look new?

I thoughts outer body (shell), handle, rim, tire, inner tube & pedals. Is there anything else?

Btw, is my trolly working properly or should I replace it too? (See the last video in the album).

Thanks!

Edited by Rotem Yakir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would reach out to the folks at ewheels.com if you are in the US. While you didn't buy from them they sell parts for most EUC and might be able to better get you fixed up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, prasket said:

I would reach out to the folks at ewheels.com if you are in the US. While you didn't buy from them they sell parts for most EUC and might be able to better get you fixed up. 

Unfortunately I'm from Israel and no one here sells EUC not to mention parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Rotem.

Thanks for your email. That combined with this thread gives me a good idea of what you are after.

I endeavour to not promote my business outside of the appropriate areas. In this scenario though (especially since you have asked), there is another option;

Replacing your shells will restore the looks of your 18L, but only until your next decent crash (something we all have). As an alternative, you might want to consider an EUC Bodyguard. Riding with one of these will protect almost your entire wheel and will take multiple hits without showing any damage.

For everything else;

The pedals - don't worry about them. Everyone has scratched pedals.

The rim - if it doesn't affect the ride, don't worry about it.

The tyre - that cut doesn't look too flash. I would look to replace that.

 

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hey Rotem.

Thanks for your email. That combined with this thread gives me a good idea of what you are after.

I endeavour to not promote my business outside of the appropriate areas. In this scenario thougn (especially since you have asked), there is another option;

Replacing your shells will restore the looks of your 18L, but only until your next decent crash (something we all have). As an alternative, you might want to consider an EUC Bodyguard. Riding with one of these will protect almost your entire wheel and will take multiple hits without showing any damage.

For everything else;

The pedals - don't worry about them. Everyone has scratched pedals.

The rim - if it doesn't affect the ride, don't worry about it.

The tyre - that cut doesn't look too flash. I would look to replace that.

 

Thank you.

I actually got a guard 😃

What do you think about the trolly? Is it defected?

Edited by Rotem Yakir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rotem Yakir said:

I actually got a guard 😃

What do you think about the trolly? Is it defected?

If you have a Bodyguard already and leave it on all the time, I wouldn't worry so much about replacing the shells.

As for your trolley... The silver ones were only on the first batch or two. The newer black trolley extenders are much stronger, so yes it would be good to replace them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

If you have a Bodyguard already and leave it on all the time, I wouldn't worry so much about replacing the shells.

As for your trolley... The silver ones were only on the first batch or two. The newer black trolley extenders are much stronger, so yes it would be good to replace them.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps you could consider a custom vinyl wrap. Buff out any bumps in the body and customize it.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd use carbon tape or reflective tape or decals to cover it up. Honestly, I figured out it doesn't matter how much you want it clean, it'll take a beating eventually and scratch more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dubardo said:

I'd use carbon tape or reflective tape or decals to cover it up. Honestly, I figured out it doesn't matter how much you want it clean, it'll take a beating eventually and scratch more.

Thanks, I guess you are right.

On 10/7/2019 at 1:28 AM, ▪Kyle▪ said:

Perhaps you could consider a custom vinyl wrap. Buff out any bumps in the body and customize it.. 

Thanks just bought a chrome vinyl wrap 😎

Edited by Rotem Yakir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 2:29 AM, Rotem Yakir said:

Thanks just bought a chrome vinyl wrap 😎

Nice! Time for some before + afters? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 8:46 PM, ▪Kyle▪ said:

Nice! Time for some before + afters? 

I'll add some after I get it don't worry 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see the first image link, but imagine is shows shell scratches.

I only have a couple small scratches after a year of use...not sure why you guys are running yours into the ground. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...