Learning to ride with a big EUC

Rotem Yakir

Hi everybody,

yesterday I bought a used ks18l. I bought it because in Israel you can’t buy EUCs so I didn't have a way to buy a new or smaller one (sometimes someone managed to sneak one to the county).

Today when I first tried the euc I felt that my instincts are wrong because of the last 2.5 years I've been using ninebot Segway mini pro every day.

I'm looking for tips to learn how to ride when starting with a big wheel. Or even help with how to forget the instincts of the ninebot. Thanks!!

• Like 1

I don't think the learning process is much different with a bigger wheel or with having ridden the Mini Pro for years. Maybe start checking out the learning to ride thread.

IMHO learning to swivel is key for balancing (and dare to go above walking speed, the speed of a slow runner) and a not too sticky surface that allows for easier swiveling helps a lot.

Edited by Mono

i learned on an 18 inch wheel, didn’t see much difference riding a smaller wheel though. Once you understand how to balance yourself and step on/off, it’s all mostly the same. Just have to give yourself some time to get used to the handling characteristics of any new wheel. 

It’s the same logic, just the feeling is different. 18” is more stable and less nimble. Wether it is ideal to learn I do not know, they are quite heavy, but it shouldn’t be an issue.

Thanks all.

I actually managed to catch things up pretty quickly.

I got to a point where when I step on properly I can continue riding without any interruptions. I'm going to put an emphasis on stepping on/off.

Thanks!

Edited by Rotem Yakir
  • Like 1