New King Song units and problems with the android app

Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

I recently received a new King Song 18'' wheel on the second of this month and have not been able to adjust the settings with the new android app.The app connects to the unit just fine and shows voltage and temp etc. but whenever I try to change ride mode or due a level calibration,the apps says illegal device and does nothing.This is very frustrating due to the fact that the wheel is currently set to "study"mode by default and limits the wheels power and responciveness.According to Tina @ King Song,they believe that the problem is in the bluetooth chips installed in the latest production batch and are making plans to send out new chips to suppliers.I'm curious how many people are having the same problem or if anyone has a new unit with a working app that allows you to adjust the settings?And is this also being experienced by anyone using the IOS app or is it just an android problem?

Had a quick chat with Tina about this issue this morning: from what I've understood, problem is related to an incompatibility between the App version & BT module firmware. If this is so, a workaround is to install an APK directly that's compatible with the bluetooth module. They said they will be adding BT-App connection tests as part of the QC process from now on... 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Sweet M said:

Is it possible for a person to simply use an iPhone to download the iOS app and use that to make the desired speed/ride mode changes to the unit?

Sounds reasonable as the EUC doesn't care what OS is used to make the proper bluetooth connection...

8 hours ago, Sweet M said:

Is it possible for a person to simply use an iPhone to download the iOS app and use that to make the desired speed/ride mode changes to the unit?

New info: seems that those users who are affected have BT modules that are incompatible with any version of the software. 

2 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Oh. That's bad. The bluetooth modules inside are not plug and play devices. Needs desoldering to remove and may cause more damage if not properly handled with.

That's correct.I opened my unit and the bluetooth is integrated right on the control board.No plug and play so if the problem turns out to be a hardware fix,the whole control board will probably have to be replaced.

48 minutes ago, jrkline said:

That's correct.I opened my unit and the bluetooth is integrated right on the control board.No plug and play so if the problem turns out to be a hardware fix,the whole control board will probably have to be replaced.

There should still be a fix. They should make an alternative software that connects to these bluetooth 4 devices.

26 minutes ago, jrkline said:

Let us hope,buy when? Are you listening Tina?

Not sure I understand why a company with such a good rep re: safety and quality EUs can ready a product for delivery to the public without assuring their apps accuracy....?  Again, listening?

Archived