Photo - Gotway MCM4 vs King Song 14 inch 800W physical comparison

John Eucist

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2015-11-04 07:59:53, John Eucist said:

MCM4, at the highest speed tilt-back setting, tilts back at 20 km/h (inflated to "24 km/h" in the app).  In a lift test the motor shuts at 28 km/h ("33 km/h" in app).  With KS14-800W the motor shuts at 41 km/h in the same lift test.  Tilt can be programmed in at as high as 32 km/h with the app.  These are the hard figures.  I don't want to burn any bridges but I'll just say that I am not keeping my MCM4.

Thank you for this! Awsome testing. Too bad Gotway's sellers and Gotway themselves (speed in app) can't be honest and have adopted "chinese units" for their specs. That dude with the aliexpress site in the forums, even advertise "Max Speed: 30-50km/h" for the MCM4. Not even the lower limit  in his specs is possible to achieve then. I've seen this all too often in electronics from China. Unicycles beeing a new area for me it is hard to make out what is real and what is exaggeration. Great testing John!

So in reality the new MCM4 is quite slow and practically equal to any other major unicycle brand unlike you disable the tiltback and risk faceplanting

Makes one wonder about the rated power of motors in EUCs and real differences between brands and ratings. Maybe the 500, 350 och 800 W ratings are all the same lol

5 hours ago, Linneaunicycles said:

I heard that many people who selling KS has meet the same problem, it will have many problem when it go high speed. I have talked about KS with other sellers, they are agree with it.

I think there were some problems with earlier firmware versions.  I ride at 30 km/h without instability.

The more I read the more confusing this gets. I am in the market for a 14 and 18" wheel and finally got to ride an MCM2 and MSuper yesterday, I didn't ride them very hard in respect for the owner, didn't want something to go wrong. Now that I have had a night to think about I am not that sure I felt a tremendous power difference from my 14" Airwheel  this being on flat ground and not pushing it really hard. It did cruise at a higher speed but I don't know what that limit is.

I really want a cruising speed of at least 15 mph and a top speed of 25 or so with plenty of power for hills. My opinion of the 18 were smooth but much harder to turn sharp due to the flywheel affect of the bigger wheel. I am sure I will get used to that and it will be fine. I still race offroad bikes so the 18 will go offroad that is my goal. Now all I need it to find someone local that I can test a King Song then I will have all the info I need to make my Purchases besides what the safe max speeds of the new units coming in.

On 17-11-2015 14:38:25, Gyroroue-shop.fr said:

i confirm i ride everyday at 28 km/h with no heat problem

Same here (cruising speed just over 30), also I read something about an KS-14C 800W being electronicly controlled before shutting down at 35 km/h but thourgh experience I cant' believe this as my 'high score' is just a tat below 36 km/h (35.93).

On 15 ноября 2015 г., 9:32:03, John Eucist said:

I think there were some problems with earlier firmware versions.  I ride at 30 km/h without instability.

Same here. I have never had any issues with instability at higher speeds. And i have an earlier version

Archived