Video - Demo of the five light modes on the Gotway MCM4

John Eucist

From a practical point of view:

No real lightning. Gotway had the chance to come beside Kingsong and got second place.

how scratch resistant is the led element/ easy to replace?

How does the MCM4 feel compared to the Kingsong KS14-800W?

Have you done a long incline run (overheating)?

Have you done a downhill run (overheating/ tilt back/ treshold handling)?

What about App configuration? Any changes?

What about low voltage handling after heavy power consumption?

What about max speed handling (power cut)?

After sales handle bar and not centric integrated.

From a practical point of view:

No real lightning. Gotway had the chance to come beside Kingsong and got second place.

how scratch resistant is the led element/ easy to replace?

How does the MCM4 feel compared to the Kingsong KS14-800W?

Have you done a long incline run (overheating)?

Have you done a downhill run (overheating/ tilt back/ treshold handling)?

What about App configuration? Any changes?

What about low voltage handling after heavy power consumption?

What about max speed handling (power cut)?

After sales handle bar and not centric integrated.

Answering your questions in order:

The LED element is covered by a clear shell/cover.  It is not scratch resistant.  They will be replacing it with something better.

At present, likely due to software error, I can go no faster than 12 km/h on it without it tilting back.  See my comment in this post:

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1550-video-gotway-factory-building-and-first-ride-on-my-mcm4/?do=findComment&comment=16322

No but @Kevin Lee has.

No but @Kevin Lee has.

App is buggy as noted in above link.

Not sure what you mean.

The tilt-back prevents overpowering.

The trolley is custom made by GW I bought it with it pre-mounted.

Why are manufacturers treating lights like a Christmas tree decoration? Traffic laws generally say there should be a white front headlight, a red rear tail light, and often reflectors on front, back, and/or sides.  I don't know of any country that says lights should spin at the speed of the vehicle's tire, or that there should be red/green lights on the front, or blue/white lights at the rear. 

Why are manufacturers treating lights like a Christmas tree decoration? Traffic laws generally say there should be a white front headlight, a red rear tail light, and often reflectors on front, back, and/or sides.  I don't know of any country that says lights should spin at the speed of the vehicle's tire, or that there should be red/green lights on the front, or blue/white lights at the rear. 

I agree, I can't see myself using any of these light setting really. Kind of annoying honestly.

The deal with lights on eu is that they are very low to the ground - unless you mount them on a trolley then pull it up to get them waist high maybe.  A bike start off with taller/higher placed lights.  In your basic city with streetlights, houselights and car lights, a tiny small dim non-blinking light near the ground is not very visible to cars (let's say cars are the things you want to not hit you).

I would assume that in a pinch if you're riding home and it got dark or getting dark like at dusk, you can turn these lights on and have some kind of safety thing going for you.  If you're regularly riding at night you probably need flashing helmet light or some kind of blinking light on your body.  A torchlight or headlight is a different matter if you like riding in pitch black environments - like maybe in the arctic circle ...like certain forum members  :lol:

The deal with lights on eu is that they are very low to the ground - unless you mount them on a trolley then pull it up to get them waist high maybe.  A bike start off with taller/higher placed lights.  In your basic city with streetlights, houselights and car lights, a tiny small dim non-blinking light near the ground is not very visible to cars (let's say cars are the things you want to not hit you).

A light mounted on the upper part of an EUC is about (at least) 35-40cm from the ground. This is about the same position as for a standard bicycle back light and I have never heard this positioning to be considered as a safety issue. Unless being very close to a car, I don't see how a low mounting point would reduce visibility.

I can see that the mount point will have some effect on the distance estimate, but estimating the distance of a light source without further reference information seems a hopeless exercise anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

It's absolutely insane that there is;

1. a brake light function

2. red lights possible to shine backwards

3. white lights possible to shine forwards (or whitish at least, maybe they're blue)

And still there is no option for white light forwards, red backwards and a braking light!!!!!!!! Only childish light shows. Gotway really demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of customers’ needs! What a joke of a company Gotway seems to be!

Archived