Here's how to get FREE BEER with your EUC

dmethvin

1 hour ago, dmethvin said:

I was on my way home from the DC Metro on my EUC when I saw a guy run around the corner with a woman chasing him. She gave up and turned around but he kept running. A bunch of people on the street were looking and I asked, "What happened?" One person said the woman yelled that she was robbed. 

By this time the guy was probably 100 yards down the street and had turned into a narrow alley so he was out of sight. He was hauling! But of course, an EUC is pretty fast so I went after him. When I got into the alley a couple of construction workers were there and told me he had ducked into a parking lot. I caught up to him just as he was hiding something under a traffic cone. Then he ran into a stairwell. At that point I decided to see what was under the cone and give up on chasing him, I had a pretty good description and could have chased him down if needed. No way you will outrun an EUC.

Under the cone was maybe $150 in 20 dollar bills and something less in UK pound notes, which seemed strange for this area--who carries foreign currency in Maryland? But anyway I knew roughly where this woman was so I wheeled back to the point which was about 3 blocks away. Turns out she works in a brew pub right there and was from England (which explains the pound notes). She had put her purse down in the bar and he had grabbed the money out of it. She insisted on giving me a reward. Now I normally wouldn't think of taking one, but it was a 6-pack of their beer. So i'm enjoying some now!

You are brave! Chasing a robber down can sometimes be bad, esp if you're in Baltimore which has some dangerous areas. This is a great story with an even better ending! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome story! :cheers: Would have made a great GoPro moment! 

I need to get used to pulling out the phone in situations like this. It was pretty awesome and would have made a great video! The construction workers were excited when I came back through the alley with that wad of money in my hand.