AliExpress /Green Fashion - USA

RxR

Hello,

if you're in the US and have ordered a wheel from AliExpress (Green Fashion store preferably), do you mind sharing your experience on shipping times. Would you mind sharing State and time to delivery from date ordered.

15-20 days to the East coast sounds too good to be true and am just looking to set expectations based on what others have experienced.

I assume the wheel would come via ship freight to California (and this is likely the biggest variable as I assume the sellers would like to consolidate as many orders together when shipping freight), once landed in CA I assume this is where I can expect an actual FedEx or UPS tracking number with a high confidence of 4-5 days right?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

In case youre wondering why not Ewheels...they don't carry the wheel I'm interested in.

They seem to always come through, however I’ve had to wait two months on one order and was strung along the whole time.Yes Ewheels is by far the best but they didn’t carry the wheel at the time.

Edited by Mrd777
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RxR said:

15-20 days to the East coast sounds too good to be true and am just looking to set expectations based on what others have experienced.

This is a misleading part of the AliExpress shipping estimate. I believe the shipping estimate on the product page is calculating X days from today's date, but in reality, the delivery is X days from when the parcel is shipped by the distributor, and most distributors wait to fill enough orders to get a bulk palette discount rate, instead of shipping one off packages, which would be too pricey .

Add to that, some more restrictive Trump tariffs recently kicked in, so I'm sure these 3rd party AliX dealers have had audible to find new logistics to skirt any new possible tariff duties, etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, houseofjob said:

and most distributors wait to fill enough orders to get a bulk palette discount rate, instead of shipping one off packages, which would be too pricey .

Then I need more ppl to get a wheel from China and join my shipment !!! :blink:

• Upvote 1

So update on this. Just got a FedEx tracking number with status "Shipment information sent to FedEx".

Estimated delivery supposed to be Wednesday. However that status has not budged in 48hrs. 

Can anyone weigh in on if this is a sign that the wheel is indeed close to be in country and will likely be in the hands of FedEx soon...or could I potentially be waiting in this phase until the wheel actually gets to CA (which could potentially take a couple more weeks). 

How far ahead does FedEx allow shipment notices ...what happens if they've been notified of a shipment but dont actually have anything it pick up yet ...do they cancel the number or does it stay open in limbo until the shipment is actually ready to be picked up.

When I ordered my wheel from Intelligent Walking Store, I got a UPS tracking number as soon as the wheel had been mobilised from China. Of course the UPS number meant nothing really, only that it had been generated in advance of the wheel arriving in Europe (Germany in my case). Once the wheel arrived in Germany the UPS number becomes truly operable and therefore trackable. Shipment from Germany to UK took only a few days and in fact was so quick I didn't even know it had passed through Europe as I hadn't checked the status for about a week.

So it seems that the Chinese sellers generate a tracking number well in advance of when it's actually relevant, probably to keep buyers happy that something is happening.

Don't know if any of that helps or not really as you are in the States but if you have a similar setup (that wheels arrive near but outside of the USA first) then it may be a similar situation.

1 hour ago, RxR said:

So update on this. Just got a FedEx tracking number with status "Shipment information sent to FedEx".

Estimated delivery supposed to be Wednesday. However that status has not budged in 48hrs. 

Can anyone weigh in on if this is a sign that the wheel is indeed close to be in country and will likely be in the hands of FedEx soon...or could I potentially be waiting in this phase until the wheel actually gets to CA (which could potentially take a couple more weeks). 

How far ahead does FedEx allow shipment notices ...what happens if they've been notified of a shipment but dont actually have anything it pick up yet ...do they cancel the number or does it stay open in limbo until the shipment is actually ready to be picked up.

My data point: received "Shipment information sent to FedEx" on 7/19, with initial delivery estimation for 7/23, got the real delivery on 7/25. Ordered from green fashion as well.

1 hour ago, Jia Liu said:

My data point: received "Shipment information sent to FedEx" on 7/19, with initial delivery estimation for 7/23, got the real delivery on 7/25. Ordered from green fashion as well.

Thanks Jia.

Did FedEx tracking update your delivery date real time so you knew the new date... Or did it just show up 2 days 'late'? 

1 hour ago, RxR said:

Thanks Jia.

Did FedEx tracking update your delivery date real time so you knew the new date... Or did it just show up 2 days 'late'? 

FedEx updates me with the new date.