In a pickle, KS16s vs v10

Sipy

8 minutes ago, TDK said:

V10 was sold by Gearbest for $ 800-900. The price of $ 1,300 is a bit much.
The V10 battery consists of 80 Samsung 22P cells, not Chinese.
The wheel with an almost completely discharged battery can go at a speed of 32 km/h, so the above graph is not true. It is safe. The software assumes that the battery is completely discharged at 68 V (3.4 V on a single cell) when there is still some energy left.
The range of the wheel is 35-45 km (weight 70 kg). If it's enough for someone, it's a very good wheel.

i was just going by charts and video reviews but i understand any of that can be changed by firmware, its surprising to me that they would let you go that speed they are usually the most cautious manufacturer but you own one so you would know, ive never actually had a V10

On 7/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, lirva said:

I don't think the chart is correct, is it kingsong marketing picture?

It's from an reseller that sells both wheels - Kingsongs and Inmotion (and other brands). So that's a support for his customers and not to bash a wheel he wants to sell in his shop...

On 7/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, lirva said:

One group ride my battery was down 5% and I could still keep up with others riding 30kph. I have the non F version with smaller battery.

On 7/28/2019 at 8:47 AM, UniVehje said:

V10F can also be raised to 45 km/h. 

That's possible with ?wheellog? or ?darknesbot?. So out of "normal operating conditions" and has nothing to do with this graph.

Maybe this raising of the maximum tiltback speed also has an side effect on low battery speed restriction? Although afair i read that this changing of the max speed limit has no effects on the restrictions?

... Or just Inmotion updated their firmware inbetween and raised the limits?...

... Or l maybe really @Jason McNeil messed up something in this graph?

However 30kph at 5% battery sounds really much - that would be a real change in Inmotions restrictive policy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chriull said:

That's possible with ?wheellog? or ?darknesbot?. So out of "normal operating conditions" and has nothing to do with this graph.

Maybe this raising of the maximum tiltback speed also has an side effect on low battery speed restriction? Although afair i read that this changing of the max speed limit has no effects on the restrictions?

Possible with DarknessBot at least, should work with Wheellog also. It raises the max speed to 45. No problem doing that speed. Remember, it has 1000wh battery and 2000W motor. It can do the same as others with same parts. It's just Inmotion that is conservative with the speed and safety. 

Raising the max speed also raises battery restrictions respectively. And it does it based on voltage and is not linear like the graph. I think the graph only shows when the throttling starts and then drawn with straight line to zero. Even Jason says in his post that it marks where it starts. That line after starting is not measured and does not reflect real world. In reality the throttling lowers the max speed only slightly and on our group rides there was never a situation when V10F would have been slower than 16S. I don't remember how low it went. If I remember correctly, it doesn't go below 35 km/h until the battery is well under 30%. 

As someone already explained, 5% on the app has probably still quite a bit reserve. Inmotion probably could allow to go to lower voltage like Kingsong does (3.0v instead of 3.3 or 3.4 volts). They are just conservative in this regard and prioritise safety. All the other wheels are doing 30 km/h at the same voltage also, nothing strange about that. 

• Like 1