Performance difference between n10 and n20?

Paddylaz

On the Ninebot owners Facebook forum someone has posted a photo of the nine droid app reaching 29/30 km/h. Dubious I know but seems legit.

In the comments section that follows someone suggests they can barely get 21kmh and a suggestion is made by the user that you need to have an N20 model. 

Anyone have any technical information on whether say, an e+ n20 unit really offers more performance than an n10?

My e+ is arriving soon and would be mildly irritated I suppose if there is truth to this and I got the n10. Thanks.

First off: the N10 models should all be sold already that was just the very first batch of E+ still based on the E, newly produced Bots all should have a N20 serial. If you get one, you should immediately send it back, you probably can argue that its old hardware and you paid for a new device, not old stock from last may/june.

Second, I have a N10 model and did not get any speed upgrade with 1.2.7. so I can confirm that comment as well. 21kph is max for me, pedal tilt already happening and the ride feels pretty mucht the same as before with 1.2.2.

@mengke could you ask your contacts about using different hardware in the different serials (not the usual stuff thats on the internet, rather some insider knowledge ;))?

I have an N10 and an N20.  The N10 broke and was recently repaired (see my other threads) but when it was returned to me, it had an E battery and not the 320wh battery. Needless to say I was irate.

Anyway, assuming the battery doesn't matter, the n10 definitely rode slower than the n20, without a doubt in my mind. 

Just checked my serial - starts N10EA1513........... must be an old one?  Doh!  Bought it just last month though?

Can't take it back now - done loads of miles on it and scratched the hell out of it rolling it around the car park when learning etc :D

Seems to work well so far so can't be that bad?  Perhaps it's just as well I've got the 'slower' one or it might do myself an injury going that little bit faster?

First off: the N10 models should all be sold already that was just the very first batch of E+ still based on the E, newly produced Bots all should have a N20 serial. If you get one, you should immediately send it back, you probably can argue that its old hardware and you paid for a new device, not old stock from last may/june.

Second, I have a N10 model and did not get any speed upgrade with 1.2.7. so I can confirm that comment as well. 21kph is max for me, pedal tilt already happening and the ride feels pretty mucht the same as before with 1.2.2.

@mengke could you ask your contacts about using different hardware in the different serials (not the usual stuff thats on the internet, rather some insider knowledge ;))?

do you really think you could send it back and request an N20? I just received a N10 in the mail today and it's mid October. So they must have made a lot of stock if resellers are still selling the N10.

@oakknoll Or maybe the reseller sent you his old stock so he can order himself a nice P model.. ;) I would certainly try, maybe even offer to pay the shipping back to the reseller. If he refuses, I'd try to call the deal off and order it somewhere else. Especially since you dont get the same performance as the regular model, you should certainly not need to pay the full price.

Picture yourself in a car-dealership or a snowboard shop, anything that has seasonally new stuff, what do you pay for last seasons wares they still have in stock? Yup, its called a SALE!!!!! :lol:

Sorry if I sound snappy, its not directed at you, we just had bad news at the company I work and I am a BIT AGGRESSIVE! :angry:

Hey Paddylaz, hope yr 9b is going well.

can I ask if you did in fact recieve the n20 model? In Oct you said you were awaiting delivery and were hoping it was the n20.

I too have just ordered a 9BO e+  andhopefully all the n10's are sold out by now and I get an n20

Hi Rafal, good advice.

i'm currently awaiting delivery of my 9Bot One e+ and have notified them that I want the N20 model NOT the N10

i guess many dont know the difference and get the older model, but if you let them know that YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, then they are more likely to do the right thing.

fingers crossed

ps: if it hadnt been for this AWESOME FORUM I too would've made expensive blunders along the way.

When I first started looking at euc's, I saw an Airwheel X3 on Ebay here in Australia for $600, after a bit of investigating I discovered that it was aimed more at beginners and kids, and not all that powerful (I am a beginner but weigh 90kg). 

I then had a good look at the Airwheel X8, it seemed to fit the bill at $800, but once I saw the 9BO e+ I just fell in love with it...kind of like an "Iphone on wheels".... I compared the x8 and the 9bot and went with the bot at another $400 on top of the $800.

im hoping Ive made the correct choice

For me it is a great way to travel home-work-home. Whole travel takes about 9 km, so I could charge it every other day but it is better to have it always loaded to full capacity just in case. After two weeks I fell confident enough to ride quite fast - average speed 16.5 km/h. I work in the city Centre so travel by car take 30-40 minutes, by tram 30-60mins, by ninebot 20 minutes. So the choice is obvious. I bought also jacket and trousers which are rainproof, so the weather is not limiting me too.

After a month and having 130km on the odometer I still cannot wait till I can jump on my wheel and the ride gives me always a lot of fun.

By the way I am quite heavy - with protective stuff and backpack around 115kg

Pretty much the same applies to me, except I have a shorter commute to work, only 6km, i top off every night but I dont charge it during the day, unless I need to go somewhere over lunch.

@Phil Wright Glad we could help, I got great advice out of this forum as well so stick around and pass on your experiences! :wub:

Thanks Jag, will do.

i've learned so much about EUC's in the last month.. Apparently a few are having trouble with the law stopping and questioning them about their rides.

My 9Bot e+ is due to arrive shortly, I live in Melbourne CBD and have seen a cpl of them around, I2 km from me is a new huge Police Headquarters here in Melbourne, and I will be riding right past it to get to work, so it'll be interesting to see if it gets any interest from them in a negative way.

My thoughts are that in a big city, unless one is being a complete idiot and riding in a dangerous manner, they will tend to let you be. More to worry about than a guy on an EUC riding at walking pace.

Melbourne is BIG on promoting bikes in the CBD and alternate transport, so I would see this as one of those alternative options.

we'll see....

Is there a verified difference between the N20 and N10 serial numbers of the 9B1-E+ with regards to the motherboard or electric motor?  I just ordered an E+, and it's currently being shipped, and I looked a few days later and noticed that the generic serial number they showed on one of the units shows N10, but they advertise it as the newest model.  Wonder if I can do a Paypal dispute if it comes in as a N10.  I'd hate to get an inferior product advertised as the latest thing.

On 10/16/2015, 10:26:04, Rash said:

N10 is the best choice. N20 has a constant problem in the world !!!

Hi Rash

Interested in this statement. Could you please tell us more about this constant problem that you say the N20 has.

What is it please?

Thank you

It is just like the iphones they have different CPU suppliers and screen suppliers. but they are all same iphone 6+. But Ninebot Inc. was so dumb that they name them differently in the way that everybody can easily tell the difference. Don't buy the Ninebot One in a fairly local supplier is my advise because for these people order in large amount was the option where they were stuck with lots of older models. As a matter of fact, you may even ask for the serial number before shipping the product. At least I kept all the serial number for all customers so I know their warranty status better than themselves.

Archived