California - Mt Wilson Ride - Sun 21Jul2019

8 hours ago, TedTheAtheist said:

I expected to get an e-mail about this. My settings are correct.

The Forum software only e-mails a member if someone sends you a message. When anyone (you) is tagged in a posting (like I do for the group rides) you will get a Notification when you visit the site, but never an e-mail.

I used to send Group Ride Announcement messages to everyone but stopped because it took too much work on my part. The Forum software limits how many people can be cc'd for a Message, so I had to send many messages.

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The Forum software only e-mails a member if someone sends you a message. When anyone (you) is tagged in a posting (like I do for the group rides) you will get a Notification when you visit the site, but never an e-mail.

@TedTheAtheist Actually, there is a setting to get EMAILS when you are mentioned or quoted in the forum posts. Here are my settings and a screenshot of my gmail inbox. 

@Marty Backe probably gets SO MANY of these that his AI email filter just thinks it's spam.

image.thumb.png.00c497c318b828a222e3cddaf0dc4af4.png

image.png.742a1f2772294a63e1577dfd3282b037.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, maltocs said:

@TedTheAtheist Actually, there is a setting to get EMAILS when you are mentioned or quoted in the forum posts. Here are my settings and a screenshot of my gmail inbox. 

@Marty Backe probably gets SO MANY of these that his AI email filter just thinks it's spam.

image.thumb.png.00c497c318b828a222e3cddaf0dc4af4.png

image.png.742a1f2772294a63e1577dfd3282b037.png

These must be new settings. Good to know that you can get e-mail for Notifications. But yeah, if I turned that feature on for myself I'd get way too much e-mail :unsure:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

These must be new settings. Good to know that you can get e-mail for Notifications. But yeah, if I turned that feature on for myself I'd get way too much e-mail :unsure:

yeah, that feature definitely wasn't there last summer when I joined. I recently turned it on myself when I missed some group ride notifications and researched it some more. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kens said:

@Marty Backe any pics from this ride? Still patiently waiting :innocent1:

I need to retire earlier. Not enough time in the day :( I'm wrapping up the editing on my inaugural Nikola Plus ride and then I'm going to tackle the Mt Wilson ride.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I need to retire earlier. Not enough time in the day :( I'm wrapping up the editing on my inaugural Nikola Plus ride and then I'm going to tackle the Mt Wilson ride.

Those last few weeks gonna be over in a blink of an eye. Soon you will find yourself staring at the sunset, sitting on the beach with Nikola on your right arm and ACM2 on your left arm :efefa6edcf:

• Like 1