Building my own 18" euc for offroad use

1kw

well, not happy with my generic wheels 12km max speed, or the rockwheels clunkyness. i want to build a euc for offroad terrain. I have sourced a 18" 500w motor, ordered a 30km controller, and now on the way to find some shells to fit a large lipo battery. I will run 3 x 6s 3000-5000mah( depends what will fit..)  any idea where to order a larger shell from? I will most likely trim it down also so it wont hang up on grass, ect..

I think you would probably have been better off getting a KingSong 18", at least they have an 800w motor.

500W is a bit low powered to turn the relatively high gearing that the 18" wheel gives you.

This is an interesting project. It is great that you have decided to do this. I follow with curiosity ..
Lots of luck to the project ..
If this is successful, I will follow suit.

I think the 18 "King Song may be too high if you drive off-road and kickers. My 18" Gotway jumps hits the ass :)

Gotway engine is not too warm even if I go to 100A current. And driving in heavy 900wh battery goes empty 15 kilometers :)
I believe that the engine can easily be loaded with 150A.

only issue now is I cant find a shell. I will message gotway and try to bid low for 1 18" shell. all in all, a fast 18" wheel for around $400usd? 

wheel/motor-130

controller-90

shell-??

batteries-18s6ah lipo=$100

only issue now is I cant find a shell. I will message gotway and try to bid low for 1 18" shell. all in all, a fast 18" wheel for around $400usd? 

wheel/motor-130

controller-90

shell-??

batteries-18s6ah lipo=$100

Don't forget pedals and holders/ pedal arms. Easier to ride than ;)

Archived