When does the 80% beep kick in on the MSX 100v??

I've been to 33 mph and no beeps, or did I just miss it?  For anyone who has the msx 100v, at what speed have you heard the 80% warning beep?

According to the speed reduction thread the 100v is set to beep at 69km/h which is rather insane. :ph34r: RIP!
And 53km/h at low battery.

At 33mph my 84v would just about start to beep. I hit that speed once and it started the 5 beep sequence but aborted after 2 beeps because I had already slowed down. So I just barely touched it for a second.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

different people will give you different answers, depends on their weight, the wind, incline, and battery level.. you didnt hear it because you were probably nowhere near it lol.. 33 mph is only 53 kph, ive seen people get to 60, one guy to 63 before the 80% on the 84V MSX.. i would imagine it would be somewhere near 70 km/h with a charged battery.. you should set up wheellog to have alarms that vibrate your phone, at those speeds you probably wouldnt hear it.. if you turn your head you can hear a lot better though so try that when listening for alarms

19 hours ago, KAY GEE said:

I've done 39 mph and I've not heard the beep yet. I weigh 75 kg or 165 lbs:thumbup:

That is pretty insane... Why is the advertised max speed 35 mph when the 80% alarm doesn't even go off at 39 mph??  Does that mean you can cruise comfortably at 39 mph w/o any risk for cut off?  

1 minute ago, photorph said:

That is pretty insane... Why is the advertised max speed 35 mph when the 80% alarm doesn't even go off at 39 mph??  Does that mean you can cruise comfortably at 39 mph w/o any risk for cut off?  

they dont advertise the true max speed on any of their EUCs.. it would be foolhardy because it would look bad and as false advertising because top speed depends on a number of factors.. this is a safe, attainable by pretty much anyone top speed.. its not like kingsong or inmotion or ninebot where they have solid firmware limits meaning you can never ever go over that safe, conservative speed.. no, gotway allows the user to take safety into their own hands and go any speed they like at their own risk.. even if you look at the disclaimer it will say top speed depends on blah blah blah because they want you to know its not always the case

• Like 1