Got my first wheel today!

GaryL

Congratulations, that’s quick! Done any classic unicycle before that?

The challenge is in big part relaxing and letting the body and wheel do the balancing. Now that you can ride without holding on to sometimes it’s only getting easier :)

EUCs are great fun, even after thousands of kilometer.

That's really good progress ,try it without the leash and then you have 2 arms to balance with, it might be even easier👍 well done 

Your muscles in your legs will be getting used and become stronger for the movements you do on an euc and then you'll be off smoother also 😊

Edited by stephen

Guest PogArt Artur
4 hours ago, GaryL said:

Got my first wheel today and actually had success riding it a bit. After 5 minutes or so holding onto the fence, I took off down the sidewalk and to the mailbox. I couldn't believe it so I got my wife to video my 2nd attempt. I'm not saying I'm good, but I did ride the damn thing! 

Cogratulations !!!

great progress, takes most people at least a few hours to ride that well.. learning to free mount is the hardest part.. but you are already hopping off gracefully each time, whereas most absolute beginners its cringy where they will frantically jump off then dive down to save the wheel or awkwardly flop off and smash the euc lol.. for free mounting, try initially to have your leading foot towards the middle or slightly back of the centre so it doesnt try to take off on you, tilt the unicycle towards your left leg about 30 degrees and brace it against your leg tightly..  then push off with your opposite foot so youre moving forwards slowly, and then try to briskly but not frantically lift it up on to the other pedal.. will take some practice to be able to do it gracefully every time and everyone will have a different preferred method once they get good, but this is the easiest method by far for beginners.. it looks like you did move forwards a tiny bit when you attempted to free mount but i think that was simply from you jumping up not too sure though.. just dont attempt to hop on while the euc is motionless because you will likely fail every time until you get much better.

ps. excellent choice with the KS16S V2 :)

3 hours ago, Mimolette said:

Congratulations, that’s quick! Done any classic unicycle before that?

The challenge is in big part relaxing and letting the body and wheel do the balancing. Now that you can ride without holding on to sometimes it’s only getting easier :)

EUCs are great fun, even after thousands of kilometer.

no doubt.. i never thought it would be the case but even after more than 20k km i still look for every excuse and get excited every time i go for a ride.. which is of course every single day xD

• Upvote 1