MSX the tire rubs against the casing

Can anyone say that's why I have it? The sound can be heard only when I am riding on my right leg, there was no fall near anybody, I never jumped from any of the corners, which may be the reason

Edited by Igor Rz

• 2 years later...

I’m having the same issue and reseating the tire did nothing. My right side of tire is maybe 1/2 mm away from the case yet the left side is 2 mm. Is there a spacer missing? What can I do to re center my whole tire assembly in the case.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bigwheelz said:

I’m having the same issue and reseating the tire did nothing. My right side of tire is maybe 1/2 mm away from the case yet the left side is 2 mm. Is there a spacer missing? What can I do to re center my whole tire assembly in the case.

you have probably broken the shell near the pillars, happens on older 84v shells, open side panel and check near the pillars screws

On 6/27/2019 at 12:35 PM, mrelwood said:
  • Check which edge of the shell is closest to the tire. (Front or back, left or right.)
  • Remove the side covers.
  • Loosen the large six bolts per side a bit, that attach the shell to the pedal bracket.
  • Twist and bend the shell in relation to the tire so that the closest distance increases. (For example leaning the tire to a wall and pushing at the axle.)
  • While pushing/twisting/bending, tighten the six screws per side.

I did this with my MSX. To hold it in place I just used an open book and slid it inbetween the wheel and shell at the tightest spot(s). Then retightened the 6x2 bolts.

• Like 2

I might need to ovalise the bolt holes in the shell a bit to get it perfect but for now it's not rubbing at least.

It's really weird. The wheel is centered looking from the back but it's way off at the front. It's like one shell side is a bit banana shaped.

• Like 1