Dead Z10?

Alex_from_NZ

Hey Team,

So got back from holiday after leaving the wheel 2 weeks and now it wont turn on.  Nothing comes up at all on the LED screen when pressing or holding the button down.  Plugging the charger in does nothing either, just cycles red/green on the charger and get a brief batt display on the LCD before it flashes off again.

Dont think i left it at a really low charge before i left, but am wondering what the usual dead battery present as and if thats my issue or something more.. problematic.

Any suggestions/solutions?  Sucks not having my wheel!

Cheers,
Alex

Hey Alex, sorry to hear that it sounds like your Z10 has gone into the dreaded "battery hibernation" state. This video was posted on the forum some time ago and may be of some help to get your batteries re-activated. Give it a try and report back if this does the trick, as there is also another method where the charger is connected directly to the XT60 plugs, but needs care to ensure correct polarity (this alternative method also has YouTube videos available online).

1. disconnect the battery power connectors, ie two yellow connectors.

2. disconnect the charging connector, the white one. Then reconnect it.

3. Press power button for 30 seconds.

4. plugging in the charger to the charging port.

5. the charger's light blinks red and green alternatively.

6. after 10 minutes, the charger light will turn to red, charging is going on now. The battery is activated .

The video stops here. I think you just let it charge up to green, then reconnect the yellow connectors.  put the cover back. Done.

Edited by fbhb
  • Upvote 3

Hey mate, cheers for the reply. Looks like you were right, although I didn't need to disconnect anything. Left it plugged in overnight and by morning it was charging normally. Happy days! 

Kevin, sorry mate I can't reply via fb, the overlords deemed me inappropriate and banned me. 😂

• Like 2

On 5/23/2019 at 7:01 AM, Alex_from_NZ said:

Hey Team

Nothing comes up at all on the LED screen when pressing or holding the button down.  Plugging the charger in does nothing either, just cycles red/green on the charger and get a brief batt display on the LCD before it flashes off again.

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex,

you got the same situation as I can remember myself after receiving my Z10.

Mine was on it's way from Ali about 7 weeks and when I tried to load it the first time I had the same issue. 

Red / green turning leds and nothing else. 😢

I leaved it so.  But after an hour or so it began to load normally, seems as the permanent knocking and asking of the charger to the batterie is also able to wake it up.

Maybe it was only good luck. 

I'm happy with you to hear you can go and drive again with your Z10 as I was happy in February when riding first time with mine. 

Have a good ride and always keep staying on!

LG

Werner