Met Parachute - received !!!

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

It took me much longer, than I suspected, to order the helmet I want to use :)

When I started searching for helmet,I was very confused, didn't know what I like, what I don't...
The Met Parachute It's just perfect for me, so light too.

More importantly - its chin bar doesn't block the view on my feet!
I don't know how's that possible, to have the chin bar fitted, and still be able to freely look around, down on the belly, shoulders, it behaves like a small extension of the jaw, nearly not obstructing anything :) 
Obviously I can't compare it to the other full face helmets, but basing on my experience, all the helmets I tried on - were drastically blocking the bottom view, not allowing me checking the feet & front of the wheel - that was crucial to me, to see everything, like there was not chin bar fitted at all :)
This is size S, that should be ok for the scalp up to 56cm, mine is 55.5cm, but I found the helmet is very tight.
I'm always wearing balaclava underneath, so I can fit the helmet nicely, it's then comfy fit, just exactly as I wanted, but bear in mind if you not wearing balaclava, you might need to order one size larger.
I've removed the chin's side cushions as well, it was too tight when they were fitted at the sides.
All is perfect now, just as I wanted.

* YouTube commercial *

https://youtu.be/L4_GaPqRTnI

IMG_21052019_162748_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.7926d9584deba69c66d7cca78a4a2091.jpgIMG_21052019_162624_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.b896f7f7dfd439ada60a507601b312d7.jpgIMG_21052019_162601_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.a9349b7c43f33fbb4387b01432cad41b.jpgIMG_21052019_162535_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.3dac502c1433b685a82fb13649f4f580.jpgIMG_21052019_162523_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.47d9af316fe2c2a6819391f2992a4d1e.jpg

Edited by PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur
24 minutes ago, stephen said:

Nice R2 your still in stealth mode i like the black version very nice mate . I'm glad it fits ok

Cheers...

Seeing yours nicely coloured, I was worry if I like mine as same as yours...

But it's ok I think :)

I wear in black, so it's suits my style.

At first I got scared and confused!

I couldn't put it on, at all?

I thought - it's way too small!

I nearly have started packing it back for return... to change it for size M.

But then I calmed down, and tried work it out, as I couldn't believe, that S size won't fit, even if my head's dimension is less than 56cm, so logically, the size M might become too lose...

This is where I started removing the chin cushion pads, and trying to fit the helmet on balaclava placed underneath...

Once the balaclava did protect my bold head :) there was no issues to put the helmet on smoothly...

I spent reasonable time to let myself figure out, whether there's any tension, or anything too tight, that could make wearing the helmet uncomfortable for longer time.

I didn't find it.

All was good, no matter what I were doing.

But the balaclava is a must, without I couldn't wear it comfy.

The interior lining is very limited,stiff, like bicycle one, not cushioned at all comparing to the motorcymet's cushion lining.

So to me, to my S size helmet the balaclava underneath is a must.

I have already mentioned, I'm wearing balaclava every time, this is the way I'm wearing helmets since I started motorcycling, so I wouldn't wear any helmet without balaclava's underneath ever.

This is why it suits me very well, I think the S size external shelter might be slimmer too, compared to size M?

So it's even better I can stick to S size, and have the slimmer looking helmet.

I would say it's custom measured helmet alike - fits just perfect :)

I think I'd complain the helmet being a bit too lose, if it was size M :)

1 hour ago, PogArt Artur said:

Cheers...

Seeing yours nicely coloured, I was worry if I like mine as same as yours...

But it's ok I think :)

I wear in black, so it's suits my style.

At first I got scared and confused!

I couldn't put it on, at all?

I thought - it's way too small!

I nearly have started packing it back for return... to change it for size M.

But then I calmed down, and tried work it out, as I couldn't believe, that S size won't fit, even if my head's dimension is less than 56cm, so logically, the size M might become too lose...

This is where I started removing the chin cushion pads, and trying to fit the helmet on balaclava placed underneath...

Once the balaclava did protect my bold head :) there was no issues to put the helmet on smoothly...

I spent reasonable time to let myself figure out, whether there's any tension, or anything too tight, that could make wearing the helmet uncomfortable for longer time.

I didn't find it.

All was good, no matter what I were doing.

But the balaclava is a must, without I couldn't wear it comfy.

The interior lining is very limited,stiff, like bicycle one, not cushioned at all comparing to the motorcymet's cushion lining.

So to me, to my S size helmet the balaclava underneath is a must.

I have already mentioned, I'm wearing balaclava every time, this is the way I'm wearing helmets since I started motorcycling, so I wouldn't wear any helmet without balaclava's underneath ever.

This is why it suits me very well, I think the S size external shelter might be slimmer too, compared to size M?

So it's even better I can stick to S size, and have the slimmer looking helmet.

I would say it's custom measured helmet alike - fits just perfect :)

I think I'd complain the helmet being a bit too lose, if it was size M :)

I have a large it's lose until i tighten the dial at the back i need the cushions even for my fat head 😁

Did you get the camera mount with it?

Guest PogArt Artur
12 minutes ago, stephen said:

I have a large it's lose until i tighten the dial at the back i need the cushions even for my fat head 😁

Did you get the camera mount with it?

Obviously I have those cushion lining inside @stephen , all I got rid off is those two side cushion panels being sticked to the chin bar.

I could have keep them on, but they're making my cheeks squeezed, and I don't like the feeling, lol :)

My balaclava does makes the interior cushioned too, lol :) 

Not, I didn't ! - the camera mounting :(

Thieves !

:)

Edited by PogArt Artur

13 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

Obviously I have those cushion lining inside @stephen , all I got rid off is those two side cushion panels being sticked to the chin bar.

I could have keep them on, but they're making my cheeks squeezed, and I don't like the feeling, lol :)

My balaclava does makes the interior cushioned too, lol :) 

Not, I didn't ! - the camera mounting :(

Thieves !

Show me what you got in your box and I'll show you mine 😊

Guest PogArt Artur
32 minutes ago, stephen said:

Show me what you got in your box and I'll show you mine 😊

Well...

If not you insisting to check it out, the box was ready to go to the storage room...

The camera mount's box was laying at the bottom up side down, white on white...

Do you know I mean?

I easily have missed it @stephen ?!

THANK YOU !!!

Lol ...IMG_21052019_203650_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.d875fa6b742ac0e19e9eb0d5c06f36ff.jpgIMG_21052019_203636_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.33e8cdc7ae5dc96106c5528a1c2df6d2.jpg

I suggest, if possible, lowering the visor way down until you can just barely see out of the helmet, with the visor blocking most of the horizon. This way, most objects coming to your face are deflected, and any object can be entirely deflected by quickly tipping your head downward.

As this is a bike helmet, the rider is expected to be in a tilted position which is unlike that of the EUC rider. Not sure about this helmet, but every MTB helmet I've seen has knurled screws that you can turn with even gloves hands.

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

I suggest, if possible, lowering the visor way down until you can just barely see out of the helmet, with the visor blocking most of the horizon. This way, most objects coming to your face are deflected, and any object can be entirely deflected by quickly tipping your head downward.

As this is a bike helmet, the rider is expected to be in a tilted position which is unlike that of the EUC rider. Not sure about this helmet, but every MTB helmet I've seen has knurled screws that you can turn with even gloves hands.

Thanks a lot for advice!

I had no clue at all, the peak might be adjustable?!

I'll check it out after I get back home this afternoon.

But I have a plan to fix blank spot car's little mirrors to the underneath of that peak.

So I like it be higher regardless of your keen advice...

I'm waiting for the mirrors to be delivered yet.

I will update,whether the mirrors will work the way I'm imagine or not.

Thanks again.

You can deffo adjust the height of the visor - you can see the adjustment slot at the top of the helmet in one of Arturs pics.

The only thing is that it looks like it is already adjusted to the lowest point...