Cramp in your feet.

Chrisxr2

Am i the only one who gets terrible cramp in their feet riding their euc?? It is  not foot position as it doesnt happen in all my footwear, but my god it is pure agony. Hopefully the longer i use the euc for the more my feet will adjust and it will go away. Any other sufferers??

I consistently got cramp in my right arm for the first week of riding which was quite painful and confusing. I think it was due to bending my arm in unusual ways to keep balance as I was learning (kinda twisting my arm backwards).

It's probably because you're using an obscure muscle somewhere in your leg to balance, once it's exercised and strengthened up you will probably find that it goes away.

When you are able to ride safely without having to balance actively you might start to consciously relax your legs and feet while driving. I found it very helpful to practise riding extremely slow and relaxing my feet and legs at the same time. To me it sounds like your feet are to tense while riding on the unicycle. 

Yes - both feet to start, then just the left, but it has reduced as I've got the hang of it. I think it's down to trying to grip with your toes and feet uncosciously.

Yep, that gels with my experience.  And it does get better as time goes on.

One bit of advice that helped me was to distribute my weight so that it is on the toes of one foot and the heel of the opposite foot, then switch sides when the feet start tiring/cramping.

First  the shoes you use can make a massive difference. Try a flat shoe like vans/dc skate board type. Not anything that's wedge shape like Nike runners or classic reebok. 

Also make sure the ball of you feet are on the plates completely, just your toes over the edge, this will really help.

Archived