Any Vegas Meetups?

Han Vo

11 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

Hard to believe but not everybody is on Facebook.  Me for one.

Bruce

Me for two!  Glad to have deleted my FB account recently.  It does limit me for things like this, but it's worth it IMHO.

4 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

I should be retiring my Ninebot One E+ in a few weeks.  I'm a newbie near Sam's Town.

I looked on Meetup for an EUC group but no joy.

Bruce

Well if you're ever down Henderson way on a weekend, let me know.  And if you're looking to sell that Ninebot eventually, feel free to PM me.

28 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

Hard to believe but not everybody is on Facebook.  Me for one.

Bruce

I know there are some of you out there, but there's a ton of great EUC content on Facebook. It's great for coordinating rides, etc.

What some people do is create a Facebook account that isn't tied to YOU and then you can access all the information and participate in the community.

Telegram is also becoming a major tool for coordinating all things EUC.

FYI.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PennBruce said:

I should be retiring my Ninebot One E+ in a few weeks.  I'm a newbie near Sam's Town.

Bruce

Bruce  you should join our euc group on Facebook. It's so much more easier to coordinate group rides on face book than it is via text messages. Everyone is cool and welcoming and we all love to share our wheels.  I might be intrest in the ninebot too if it's not too expensive. We like to train new riders too so it's good to have a nice beater wheel for newbies to learn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PennBruce said:

Bruce

Bruce  you should join our euc group on Facebook. It's so much more easier to coordinate group rides on face book than it is via text messages. Everyone is cool and welcoming and we all love to share our wheels.  I might be intrest in the ninebot too if it's not too expensive. We like to train new riders too so it's good to have a nice beater wheel for newbies to learn

59 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

Me for two!  Glad to have deleted my FB account recently.  It does limit me for things like this, but it's worth it IMHO.

Well if you're ever down Henderson way on a weekend, let me know.  And if you're looking to sell that Ninebot eventually, feel free to PM me.

There are about 5 riders in Henderson including myself 

8 minutes ago, Han Vo said:

Stillhart. One of our riders in Vegas euc has a Nikola 84v for sale.  It's got less than 800 miles on it and still has Ewheel warranty on it. It also has the fast charger for $1450

That's a great deal, but it's about double what I was looking to spend on my first wheel (and I'm having a hard enough time convincing my wife to part with even that!  lol)  Currently, I'm mostly looking at the Mten3 or KS14D if I buy new or anything in that price range I can find used.

4 minutes ago, Han Vo said:

Do you have a direct link to the FB group?  I can't search FB without being logged in, but I can go to a direct link.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Han Vo said:

If you need a wheel for training newbies like me, I will donate it when I graduate to the 16S.

As for Facebook, I intend to leave this earth without ever joining.

A Meetup group would be great.

I'm going to try the bicycle trail at the Wetlands Park tomorrow afternoon.  

Bruce

You guys can just join face book and just  install and use the messenger app.  This is is how we set up meet ups. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/450801938809051?group_view_referrer=profile_browser

And honesty you guys should watch @Marty Backe videos on the matter of your first wheel because you will want to buy the most powerfull wheel you can afford.  You will out grow slower ones very fast and your going to lose more money upgrading your wheels. We do alot of long group rides and smaller battery capacity wheels wont be able to make some of the rides

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Han Vo said:

You guys can just join face book and just  install and use the messenger app.  This is is how we set up meet ups. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/450801938809051?group_view_referrer=profile_browser

And honesty you guys should watch @Marty Backe videos on the matter of your first wheel because you will want to buy the most powerfull wheel you can afford.  You will out grow slower ones very fast and your going to lose more money upgrading your wheels. We do alot of long group rides and smaller battery capacity wheels wont be able to make some of the rides

Thanks for that link.  

Without going too far off topic of this thread, I am familiar with the theory that you want to just buy the good one first.  I've been in enough hobbies where I've started small and ended up spending more working my way up (e.g. photography, headphones, etc).  So I totally get and appreciate that advice.

In this case though, I'm genuinely not sure if the hobby is something I'll be into or not and I'm just not willing to jump in with both feet (pun intended) quite yet.  If I decide it's not for me, I'd lose a lot of money selling a $2k wheel at used prices, quite probably more than I would trying to resell a $750 wheel.  On top of that, if I do decide the hobby is for me, I plan on keeping the starter wheel to share with my kids and wife so it won't be money wasted.  

24 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

Thanks for that link.  

Without going too far off topic of this thread, I am familiar with the theory that you want to just buy the good one first.  I've been in enough hobbies where I've started small and ended up spending more working my way up (e.g. photography, headphones, etc).  So I totally get and appreciate that advice.

In this case though, I'm genuinely not sure if the hobby is something I'll be into or not and I'm just not willing to jump in with both feet (pun intended) quite yet.  If I decide it's not for me, I'd lose a lot of money selling a $2k wheel at used prices, quite probably more than I would trying to resell a $750 wheel.  On top of that, if I do decide the hobby is for me, I plan on keeping the starter wheel to share with my kids and wife so it won't be money wasted.  

Just be aware that a starter wheel may feel woefully under-powered which might taint your experience. So just keep that in mind as you explore this new experience :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Just be aware that a starter wheel may feel woefully under-powered which might taint your experience. So just keep that in mind as you explore this new experience :)

Fair point.  I'm leaning toward the Mten3 for multiple reasons, but one of them is that it has the performance specs on paper of a much more expensive wheel.  I've watched comparison videos with the KS14D and it seems to beat it out on performance.  (Other reasons include that it's apparently very easy to learn on, it's very small so my younger kids should have an easier time with it, and it should be easy to sell if I decide it's not for me.)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

Fair point.  I'm leaning toward the Mten3 for multiple reasons, but one of them is that it has the performance specs on paper of a much more expensive wheel.  I've watched comparison videos with the KS14D and it seems to beat it out on performance.  (Other reasons include that it's apparently very easy to learn on, it's very small so my younger kids should have an easier time with it, and it should be easy to sell if I decide it's not for me.)

That would be an absolutely perfect wheel to learn on. It's my opinion that the Mten3 is the best and most affordable entry into the world of EUCs. And, a huge plus is that it's the funnest wheel to own. I recommend that everyone own one for that reason. So if you do fall down the EUC rabbit hole, you won't feel the need to sell it.

Keep an eye on my channel. Within the week I'll be publishing a video on the new 67-volt version which sells for ~$600. I'll be receiving it in a couple of days, but I'm hopeful it retains the same basic qualities of the much more expensive 84-volt version.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

I second the fact that the mten is the most fun wheel. If you get that one your definatly not going to resale it when you upgrade.  It's in a class all if it's own.   If you do decide to join Facebook just to use the messenger app then just search my name and I'll link you to the Las Vegas  group chat, it's where we usually communicate  for group meets. The ability to group video chat helps  too when we are coordinating 

• Like 1

Just now, Han Vo said:

I second the fact that the mten is the most fun wheel. If you get that one your definatly not going to resale it when you upgrade.  It's in a class all if it's own.   If you do decide to join Facebook just to use the messenger app then just search my name and I'll link you to the Las Vegas  group chat, it's where we usually communicate  for group meets. The ability to group video chat helps  too when we are coordinating 

I know you guys aren't going to change for just one guy who doesn't even own a wheel yet, but I am 100% not going to use FB or FB messenger.  It'd be nice if instead of a Messenger group chat, you used something else like Telegram so we don't have to give Facebook all our personal information just to organize a ride.  I tried making a throwaway account yesterday and they literally wanted me to upload a picture of my face before they'd activate the account.  It is beyond me that people still don't see how shady FB is these days...

5 hours ago, Stillhart said:

I know you guys aren't going to change for just one guy who doesn't even own a wheel yet, but I am 100% not going to use FB or FB messenger.  It'd be nice if instead of a Messenger group chat, you used something else like Telegram so we don't have to give Facebook all our personal information just to organize a ride.  I tried making a throwaway account yesterday and they literally wanted me to upload a picture of my face before they'd activate the account.  It is beyond me that people still don't see how shady FB is these days...

I've been using Facebook for years. I sure wish I knew what dire straights I'm in :cry2:

But I get it. Some X-percent of the population is not on the platform. We all find our own way in this world, somehow.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stillhart said:

I have 4 wheels, and the Mten3 is definitely the most fun, and it is very versatile. It works the best for indoor demos, where there is not much space.  It is the only one of my wheels that I can go backwards on and idle on; its responsiveness makes it easier.  But, it is not as fun on rides over 5 miles - my 16X is best for that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I picked up Bruce's old E+ and it's been a lot of fun but I'm already ready for something bigger.  I'm hitting the speed limit on this thing pretty effortlessly.

If anyone has a line on a used wheel locally, keep me in mind.  I don't have access to the FB group so hopefully people who browse both will see this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2020 at 12:28 AM, Han Vo said:

Well tmoats had a inmotion v8 for sale 200 on face book but it went fast

EUCO.COM has king song 16x instock I have a 100 dollar off coupon code if you want it

Hi Guys,

How do you find euco.com? When I search for it, I get GoDaddy domains for concrete companies. When I spell out the whole address my browser can't find it at all. I am very new here and I am learning about euc's by reading the forum and watching youtube videos. Thank you for any guidance you can give me.

Imstu

4 hours ago, Imstu said:

Hi Guys,

How do you find euco.com? When I search for it, I get GoDaddy domains for concrete companies. When I spell out the whole address my browser can't find it at all. I am very new here and I am learning about euc's by reading the forum and watching youtube videos. Thank you for any guidance you can give me.

Imstu

It's EUCO.US, not .com.