How can I bind and see total mileage on my 18L?

Anubis

As in the title. I picked one up second hand and im not sure how to double check the mileage on it. udl

Additionally, are there any other things I should check before riding it as its second hand?

Cheers

To check the mileage, you will need to download the King Song app from either the Apple or Google app stores. It will connect to your wheel with Bluetooth and show you what you want to know.

As for things to check, do you know the version of your 18L?
If not then the serial number should allow us to work out when it was made (and what you should then check).
And if you don't know that either, when you extend the trolley handle, are the extenders silver or black?

I believe it does. I don't use KS app all the time. But whenever I start it and connect I see total mileage has gone up aprox to distance traveled.

But KS km, is not excatly EU km 🤔. You might find readout 5-10% higher that expected. Or compared to gps distance. Which is more correct is hard for me to tell.

Gps distance is kind of a digital distance, between dots along your route, at set intetvals.

Wheel miliage is more analog way to meassure wheel traveled by rotation but can be off a bit due to tire pressure.

2 hours ago, kasenutty said:

@The Fat Unicyclist   Does the 18L and XL hold the mileage in the memory? Meaning, if you never used the Kingsong app, will it still display total mileage or will it only show miles that the KingSong app has clocked? 

Yes, just to confirm what @Unventor has said... The total mileage is stored "onboard" the wheel. 

Having said that, if there is ever a control board issue that requires a reset / reflash, you may find yourself with a brand new (0km) wheel.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

@The Fat Unicyclist I can't seem to find total milage anywhere in the app :(

Silver footpads, Black bar supports on the extending handle 

Latest KS app (Android version 3.0.7 ) look like this (dark blue theme, can have other background colour).

Screenshot_20190403-103745_Gallery.thumb.jpg.10e792ee0c4af1f764a96472c6e41c36.jpgScreenshot_20190403-103620_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.6e0d1997ce5ea2b5227d0c27c8437fce.jpg

Hey @Anubis - the screenshots that @Unventor has shown above should sort you out for finding the mileage.

If you have the black trolley extenders then it indicates that you have the "second edition" of the 18L (with a number of enhancements and fixes over the first edition), so there shouldn't be too much you need to check.

There is only one real moving part, so check that the wheel spins freely and "true" and that the pedals and trolley open and close smoothly.

If it were me, I would also tear the wheel down to make sure that there is nothing odd going on inside the case, such as broken mount points. But that is possibly a little on the excessive side.   :D

You can use the cockwheel and scrool down to see a diagnostic rapport of some key parts. This should read normal on all parts.Screenshot_20190403-103620_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.6e0d1997ce5ea2b5227d0c27c8437fce.jpg

@Unventor Ah right, I got confused. Total mileage: 0.72km :I I guess its not actually second hand, I think I did that 0.73km by picking the wheel up and it spinning too. 

I'm not sure if I'll sell on or not, I got quite a good deal for it and I think it might be overkill for my first wheel.

Thanks for all the help :) 

58 minutes ago, Anubis said:

@Unventor Ah right, I got confused. Total mileage: 0.72km :I I guess its not actually second hand, I think I did that 0.73km by picking the wheel up and it spinning too. 

I'm not sure if I'll sell on or not, I got quite a good deal for it and I think it might be overkill for my first wheel.

Thanks for all the help :) 

It seems many new users has been able to learn and grow fast into the wheel. 

All struggle at first. It took me 7-8 sessions of 10-15min to learn to ride basic. Like step up, ride forward, turn, break, step down. Some do it faster some slower. All of a sudden you kinda click and your brain get the sensation and how to do to control the wheel. 

Part reason it took long for me is I had bad knees, hip, feets with pain from inflammation and arthritis. So when I started my atletic condition was so poor I didnt have balance nor stability to stand on one leg at a time. 

Learning how to ride has rehained my balance and some strength in my knees. I feel no pain in feet or hip anymore. 

I am pretty sure you can do it.

@Unventor I'm already big into esk8 and have loads of them, I bought this wheel primarily because it was so cheap. I don't know if I have use for such an expensive wheel consideing my usecase is fairly light, and if I want to go 40-50MPH I'll probably skate instead. 

I do want to learn how to use it properly though :)

Just so you get an idea. This is my early days....on Inmotion V8. But it can be done just as "easy"  for a healthy person. I am afterall begining to become an old dog...trying to learn new tricks. Look at this and the videos it contains. You get some free laughs 😁

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

@Unventor I'm already big into esk8 and have loads of them, I bought this wheel primarily because it was so cheap. I don't know if I have use for such an expensive wheel consideing my usecase is fairly light, and if I want to go 40-50MPH I'll probably skate instead. 

I do want to learn how to use it properly though :)

I don't use it to go fast. I use it is to do many things. 

Commuting to work every day 1.8km each way.

Daily shopping just enjoyi g the cruising typical 10-20km.

As a reason not to grow fat on a coutch and explore, crouising at 15-40kmh for 15-30km rides.

Meeting other EUC ridets locally as new friends. No speed rides. Typical we ride 15-30km together around 25kmh. 

Going to public transpost and final miliage to end location. That can be bus, tram, train, ferry. Total ride between few km to 30ish km.

Riding to the car 140m from apartment. And in parking lot long away from shopping center.

Or just put it short.  The past year I rode about 2000km on my 2 EUC all together. My car I have driven 6500km in 1.5 years. I tend to leave car home 9/10 times compared to before I got my EUC.

Trust me it will grow on you.

I am pretty sure you can't  go here on esk8s.

That was my first ride in real offroad conditions and on my KS18L.

As you can from green light it was only boxed charged about 50%. Meaning I didn't have time to charge it at work where I got it delivered to from dealer.

Archived