Burning Man, help needed..

Hey so this will be my 3rd burn, coming from London, England.

This time I really really want to have a wheel there. I have a Z10 in the UK but I'm worried it'll get held up in customs and it's a logistical nightmare to ship the and back.

Are you going to BM and have a spare wheel I could rent or even buy? Are you in SF and same deal?

Help a fellow rider out? 

Yeah, ive been to the burn with the Ninebot Elite, Minilite, mini (china edition), minipro (us edition), and inmotion v8. All of them performed perfectly, though only the minilite had issues. The charging contacts became unreliable pretty quickly. I had to wiggle the connector around to get it to charge. I suspect it was corroded by the alkaline dust. I'd also like to mention that all of the wheels performed outstandingly on the loose dirt terrain. So whether you have a skinny tire like the v8 or a fatty like the z10, youll be fine. One additional comment is that they are on the brink of banning electric vehicles at burning man, so don't be a dick and remember there is a 5 mph speed limit that you should adhere to. The most important is range... youll be frustrated with anything less than 30km of urban street range. 

Shipping batteries is a pain in the ass. Theres a few options, none of which are ideal: 

1. Buy an extra battery and ship it to a friends house in the states where you can pick it up and drive it in.
  2. Ship your battery via boat at least a month ahead
  3. Buy an extra wheel and try to sell it afterwards.
  4. Borrow a friends wheel

4 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

One additional comment is that they are on the brink of banning electric vehicles at burning man, so don't be a dick and remember there is a 5 mph speed limit that you should adhere to. The most important is range... youll be frustrated with anything less than 30km of urban street range. 

Is this because there is no opportunity to charge? Otherwise, 30km with a speed of 5mph means almost 4h of wheeling.

5 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:
  • Buy an extra battery and ship it to a friends house in the states where you can pick it up and drive it in.
  • Ship your battery via boat at least a month ahead
  • Buy an extra wheel and try to sell it afterwards.
  • Borrow a friends wheel

Yeah this is basically the list i came up with. If i can find someone in SF to ship to i might well post my Z10 over a few months early (incase it gets stuck in customs)..
Otherwise, try get a Nikola delivered to Reno (we'll have people in Reno a few days before BM starts)

On 4/1/2019 at 5:16 PM, Mono said:

Is this because there is no opportunity to charge? Otherwise, 30km with a speed of 5mph means almost 4h of wheeling.

haha, no this is assuming you have a camp that has a generator that you can recharge daily. Youre gonna a little bit more than half the range youre used to and youre gonna want to roam around a lot. 

Archived