V10F First impression

Gaz Bon

Hi all 

So my EUC history 1st learned on a Ninebot E+1 (250 Kms)

Then after 5 weeks bought the MSX (1500 Kms)

So wanted a mid range wheel and i bought a V10F

The V10F arrived yesterday 

Was i excited so had to wait a day to ride as weather here in Darwin was wet wet wet

So fully charged i finished work early today

Geared up and i set off (tyre pressure @ 40 PSI)

After 7 Kms had to reduce Tyre pressure to 35 PSI as 40 far to hard for the terrains i ride 

Mixed feelings is what i got,

Love the tyre handles the muddy tracks well (Lov an 18 inch version of this for the MSX) 

APP i don't really care but its Juicy on the Ph Batt as u all will know so using Wheel log now

Pedals are comfy and big but was expecting a bit more from all i had read

Range stated when charged 100 KMs LOL when started and LOL after 20 Kms, with my style of riding 40-45 Kms Max (well 40 to be honest)

I would weigh fully kitted up 70KGs Max

Is a very well built machine i did not think  its top heavy as some say but MSX has prepared me for that i think.

The ride is good on tarmac and dirt 

Speed is OK but for the advertised 2Kw motor (1.8 FW Modded) i feel should be more (again been spoilt by the MSX)  

But to sum it up all that comes to mind is its a very sensible wheel, you feel safe 

Tilt back is not so bad that it will throw you off 

Top speed i got was 42 KPH

We have a long weekend now will give it a good few KMs over the next 3 days 

PS I dont really think i like sensible :( Dohhh

Happy Chinese NY all ,the yr of the Pig i believe

Gaz

Well im getting to like this wheel the more I ride it

Tyre pressure now 30 psi

Range is a little disappointing 🤔 at 35 KMs but riding the wheel pretty hard and at lower tyre pressure 

Seriously can not do range testing it far too tedious staying at  one speed for entire Batt charge ,hats off to people who do 🤠

Still not liking the annoying 😤 speed notification from the speaker's but tilt back is fine

Cut down the handle 20 mm so you can see the full rear light when riding 

Grip tape added to pedals as feet getting bounced off when bumpy terrain encountered 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:51 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

Awesome thanks for this.
I have been looking at the V10f for the same reason (having an in between wheel) but I think i'll put 1000km on my new MSX first and then see.

The KMS will soon fly by on the MSX and its a strange transaction going down in power and speed  to the V10F.

But that being said I really do like the V10F just getting adjusted to a different wheel 

I would like the MSX angled pedals on this machine just for a bit more clearance ,turning and trial riding but still adjusting 😌

So got 40 KMs on a range test 60℅ off road 

Temp 32 Deg

Wind minimal 

Avg speed 25kph 

Battery 7% loaded 16% when stopped 

On 1/31/2019 at 1:42 PM, Gaz Bon said:

Still not liking the annoying 😤 speed notification from the speaker's but tilt back is fine

You can change or delete this horrible siren using the app. Go to sound settings and try to find out which Chinese text is for this sound. Record silence for a second and do the transfer as with lights. It is very buggy but worth the effort. Enjoy the silence!

If you use iOS download DarknessBot and change speed limit to 45 km/h. On Android there might be another app for that. 

@UniVehje is it possible to change the atmospheric lights through the Inmotion App? For some reason, it doesn't function at all. 

A friend of mine wants to change the colour to something similar as in the picture below.

Screenshot_20190203-105317.png

9 hours ago, ED209 said:

@UniVehje is it possible to change the atmospheric lights through the Inmotion App? For some reason, it doesn't function at all. 

A friend of mine wants to change the colour to something similar as in the picture below.

Yes it is. But for the transfer the wheel must fisrt be placed on the resting position. Just like when updating firmware or doing body calibration. 

https://www.inmotionworld.com/blog/what-is-zero-offset-calibration-of-inmotion-unicycle

I often can’t connect my app to the V10 (even though it always connects for music) to view information or change settings. It often says, ‘you cannot ride’ here (even when I’m at home or out on a normal road). Has anyone else experienced this or got a workaround? The V10 is my first wheel and I’m addicted ;)

19 hours ago, RogerU said:

I often can’t connect my app to the V10 (even though it always connects for music) to view information or change settings. It often says, ‘you cannot ride’ here (even when I’m at home or out on a normal road). Has anyone else experienced this or got a workaround? The V10 is my first wheel and I’m addicted ;)

Cant say i have had that problem but sometimes it does get confused if other bluetooth devices around which my phone has had previous connections and wont connect 

Well today did my 1st continuous Km ride going backwards on the V10F

It kinda gets a bit disorientating going backwards for that long doing many Fig 8s and circles 

But getting very comfortable going backwards  

On 2/3/2019 at 8:48 PM, UniVehje said:

Yes it is. But for the transfer the wheel must fisrt be placed on the resting position. Just like when updating firmware or doing body calibration. 

https://www.inmotionworld.com/blog/what-is-zero-offset-calibration-of-inmotion-unicycle

Thanks, how do you restore the atmospheric lights to the original display?  It isn't on the display list. 

5 hours ago, ED209 said:

It isn't on the display list

I'm pretty sure it's one of the listed pre-made animations. You might be able to delete them, though. 

19 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I'm pretty sure it's one of the listed pre-made animations. You might be able to delete them, though. 

Thanks, your advice has been very helpful! 

Archived