New easier way to change the tire.

LanghamP

After spending about 20 minutes today getting absolutely no where with my tire irons being slingshot across the garage, I accidentally found a different way to change the tire on my KS16S. Some of you might already know how to do this...

I'm unsure why getting the tire off was just impossible using the normal way of leveraging 3-4 tire irons, but it was like pushing a couch up the stairs.

1. Don't use tire irons, just your hands with not very much force.

2. Deflate and wet tire.

3. Fold the side opposite of the tire stem over the rim; you will grasp the entire width of the tire.

4. Keep pushing making sure that rubber can slide over wet rubber. I used little force, about the same when lifting a 15-25 pound weight off the floor. Tire comes off.

5. New tire and innertube both go in wet, starting with stem.

6. The entire width on one side goes in first, and keep pushing until the entire tire is seated.

I'm mystified at how hard the EUC tire is to change using my standard tire irons way; it feels like the bead of a 16 inch tire is well beyond stiff compared to 26-29 inch tires I'm used to working on.

Maybe this is the way most people change EUC tires?

10 hours ago, LanghamP said:

After spending about 20 minutes today getting absolutely no where with my tire irons being slingshot across the garage, I accidentally found a different way to change the tire on my KS16S. Some of you might already know how to do this...

I'm unsure why getting the tire off was just impossible using the normal way of leveraging 3-4 tire irons, but it was like pushing a couch up the stairs.

1. Don't use tire irons, just your hands with not very much force.

2. Deflate and wet tire.

3. Fold the side opposite of the tire stem over the rim; you will grasp the entire width of the tire.

4. Keep pushing making sure that rubber can slide over wet rubber. I used little force, about the same when lifting a 15-25 pound weight off the floor. Tire comes off.

5. New tire and innertube both go in wet, starting with stem.

6. The entire width on one side goes in first, and keep pushing until the entire tire is seated.

I'm mystified at how hard the EUC tire is to change using my standard tire irons way; it feels like the bead of a 16 inch tire is well beyond stiff compared to 26-29 inch tires I'm used to working on.

Maybe this is the way most people change EUC tires?

i think it has to do with size. the small or relative small rim edge on a 26-29" compared to ture diameter to a 16" that has about the same rim edge you need to get the tures edge push over.

3 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I'm having trouble visualizing this process.  Can you do it again but video it this time? :)

That is just evil 😙😉

Archived