Anyone in the SF Bay Area thinking of selling their 18L?

MincerRay

I"m looking for my second wheel.  My 14D has been fun to learn on (and has the scars to prove it!) but now I'm ready to try something bigger.  The 18L is at the top of my list.  Before I hit the E-wheels buy button on a new 18L, I figure there may be someone in the SF Bay Area, looking to upgrade their 18L to an 18XL.  I prefer  a wheel bought from Jason.  I may also consider a Z10.   Anyone?  

-steve

21 hours ago, MincerRay said:

Surely someone in the bay area is looking to upgrade to an 18XL from an 18L? :)

You might see if there are any group rides, and attend one at put the word out there.  I think there is going to be an upgrade deal for users where they get the new battery at a discount in exchange for their old battery.  If that deal is in place it will mean less used 18L on the market.  

8 hours ago, FreeRide said:

You might see if there are any group rides, and attend one at put the word out there.  I think there is going to be an upgrade deal for users where they get the new battery at a discount in exchange for their old battery.  If that deal is in place it will mean less used 18L on the market.  

Good point.  I’ll likely just buy one from Jason but thought I’d throw it out there in case someone local was on the fence. 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You'll get the most eyeballs if you post in the Bay Area Facebook groups. I believe there's even a buy/sell group.

Thanks meepmeep. I’ll look into it. 

2 hours ago, that0n3guy said:

Not located in Bay area, but I'm selling my 18l: 

Thanks!  I was hoping to find something locally as that would be easier.  

That said, I'm thinking maybe I should just pony up the extra money for the 18XL.  It's only $370 more than the 18L's pre-tariff price for 50% more battery, and it comes with the larger pedals.   I"m still trying to wrap my head around paying $2K+ for a wheel when my used 14D was $450.  :)

12 hours ago, MincerRay said:

That said, I'm thinking maybe I should just pony up the extra money for the 18XL.  It's only $370 more than the 18L's pre-tariff price for 50% more battery, and it comes with the larger pedals.   I"m still trying to wrap my head around paying $2K+ for a wheel when my used 14D was $450.  :)

If you're already considering the bigger battery now, do it! Nobody ever regretted choosing the bigger battery (except maybe people who really care about weight, but then you don't get an 18 inch wheel anyways). Sweet, sweet 50 mile range!

Archived