My Unboxing impression of the US Batch 2 Z10!

Hsiang

You are very lucky. Ninebot has been under delivering with each batch because they can't keep up with the demand. There's only about 75 units in the US I believe. Each batch they promise seems to be halved when it arrives. I'm hopeful I make it to batch three. If I can't get in on the craze by batch five I'll just sit it out until my desires reignite. The fire is faulting..... ? Ride safe! 

Perhaps Jason can confirm the total quantity available. I thought batch 1 was 50 and batch 2 was 100 (including sea-freight currently enroute). In the email Jason had mentioned that everyone pre-order had the option to purchase up to 2, so I didn’t realize that the quantity is as short as they are.

I am really surprised at this since I assume that ninebot is a much larger company than Gotway but yet they seem to be having so much trouble with meeting demand. 

12 hours ago, Hsiang said:

After such a long wait, I had to share my excitement of finally getting my grubby hands on the Z10

Nice~

49 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

I am really surprised at this since I assume that ninebot is a much larger company than Gotway but yet they seem to be having so much trouble with meeting demand. 

Not really surprising:

• Outside looking-in, Ninebot is the neglected stepchild in an imperfect merger, one that vastly prioritizes the US Segway team / 2-wheeled product initiatives more than the niche, less money-making one-wheel category. 
  • Gotway's bread-and-butter is still predominantly EUC, though they've tried their hand so far at eboards (Moonwalk), unsuccessfully. Segway/Ninebot's bread-and-butter is 1.) commercial 2-wheeled Segways, then 2.) cheap e-kick scooters (ES1/ES2), THEN maybe 3.) is a tie between Mini Pro/Plus & EUC.
  • Look at how simplistic the Gotway construction is compared to the Z. Waaaaay more pieces to the puzzle putting together the Z as compared to, say, the MSX. All those plastic parts need molds that cost a ton of initial investment, the reason why the wheels are expensive in the beginning, then can come down a bit in price as the ROI from those molds is reached, and profit is well in the black.

6 hours ago, Hsiang said:

Perhaps Jason can confirm the total quantity available. I thought batch 1 was 50 and batch 2 was 100 (including sea-freight currently enroute). In the email Jason had mentioned that everyone pre-order had the option to purchase up to 2, so I didn’t realize that the quantity is as short as they are.

I was emailing Jason over the weekend and he informed me that he is having an air-shipment of Z10's come in this week which should arrive around Thursday or Friday. He also said he has another Ocean-shipment which is arriving the end of this month.

He also sent me the batch 2 link so I could pay for the remaining cost + the $200 air shipping. Not sure if this was a good idea because I could have just waited a week or so extra for the ocean-shipment to save the $200 but my impatience for the last several months has gotten the best of me.

Just waiting until the end of the week to pick up my Z10 from their distribution center.

20 hours ago, Hsiang said:

After such a long wait, I had to share my excitement of finally getting my grubby hands on the Z10!

Nice! when initial enjoy goes away - see setup guide below my 1013 km review - some points may be helpful I hope. 

Z10 is really great wheel but small things needs to be addressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P92QN-rQy1w&t=75s

Archived