Larger pedals for my INMOTION V8

mdogbucket

Searching the forum I’ve seen a few guys who have made custom larger pedals, I believe for Kingsong models.  I would love to have the same for my V8.  Of course it would be ideal if INMOTION offered a factory larger version, but I don’t think they do.  I would appreciate any thoughts on fabrication and/or other ideas to accomplish this as cleanly and nicely as possible.  

I’m getting less foot pain with more experience but it always eventually comes and seems to be made worse by how small pedal length is.  The guys who have done it say they would never go back.  I’m a size 10.5 to 11 and enough of my foot hangs over both sides of the pedal as to be less than ideal.    Anyone?

Thanks in advance

" ....   Searching the forum I’ve seen a few guys who have made custom larger pedals, I believe for Kingsong models. ...."

More like sole shaped aluminum plates bolted on top of the original pedals? This is what my search for "larger pedals" turned up.

1 hour ago, phatmike said:

I think you can use V10 pedals on the V8

That would be great and much nicer than adding a plate on top of the existing pedals.  I will try to find out if it's possible.

11 minutes ago, lutz said:

" ....   Searching the forum I’ve seen a few guys who have made custom larger pedals, I believe for Kingsong models. ...."

More like sole shaped aluminum plates bolted on top of the original pedals? This is what my search for "larger pedals" turned up.

Yes, not ideal, but better than nothing...

7 hours ago, lutz said:

I’m one of those guys. I made ”Bigfoot Pedal Extensions” from an aluminium plate for a 16S and the MSX.

Even a 5mm thick solid aluminium plate requires support bars (for the length I went for), so examining other materials might be beneficial. Or just go even thicker. That said, with support bars made from an L-profile the pedals work great. Comfort is comparable to standing on flat ground, and foot pain is pretty much gone!

6 hours ago, lutz said:

Pics from the backside would be appreciated in case you ever build another one. My feet are too big,too.

You mean under the original top plate? It’s just a hollow pedal frame with support walls every 1.5cm in both directions (ie. full of 1.5 x 1.5 cm holes). The original top plate screws are under the grip tape, four M4 for the 16S, six M3 for the MSX.

I used the original threads for the screws, but the M3 on the MSX was too flimsy for my shock absorbers (floating heel with silicone blocks) so I surrounded the original thread posts with metal epoxy, and drilled and tapped them to M4 as well.

I used the original threads for the screws, but the M3 on the MSX was too flimsy for my shock absorbers (floating heel with silicone blocks) so I surrounded the original thread posts with metal epoxy, and drilled and tapped them to M4 as well.

thanks, this is even more ambitious!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have for some time Inmotion V5F at home. My foot size is 48/49, so the attempts have been difficult and painful on the legs and as a result I haven't really used it. In addition to doing something about pedals, I was thinking about also temporarily replacing the small handhold with some rod (fixed or extendable) for training period at least.

For those of you that have done such things, if you have some advices, it's greatly appreciated... I saw above advice to use aluminium L-profile, so that's one way, but I wonder how stabe will the boot be on that surface, and also about mounting it on existing pedals.

Thanks,

Lllib.

Archived