1Rad Werkstatt - Custom batteries, wheel repairs, spare parts, custom wheels etc.

esaj

I put this here on behalf of 1Rad Werkstatt, I'm not affiliated with them or receive any compensation, but feel that they deserve some visibility (they don't have their own web-site or much marketing apparently). I was impressed by their good service, good prices, and the customizations that they make (battery packs & custom accessories & customized wheels).

You can reach them either via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1radwerkstatt
Or by email (I put it as a image so spam-bots won't pick it up, at least as easily ;)):

MbO7Xr6.png

Operates from Germany. They do speak English, although at first I thought they don't  ;). Services include:

Selling original & customized wheels and spare parts  (Looks like at least Ninebot, Firewheel, Gotway, Rockwheel, IPS, AirWheel, maybe others too)
Wheel repairs
Build custom accessories for wheels, like lights & car chargers for example
Sell 4A 67,2V high quality chargers for Firewheel, Gotway......All wheels with minimum of 32Cells Battery/ minimum 260Wh –> Charging Time 50% –> GotWay MSuper 850Wh oder MCM 680Wh Charge with 2A is stupid slow....
Special for GotWay MSuper 850Wh: we will offer Charger with 8A and new charging connections! (all connectors) (only of special request)

Direct contact with the manufacturers in Shanghai
High quality custom battery pack building, for example (capacities calculated with 16 * 3.7V = 59.2V or 15 * 3.7V = 55.5V for 16S and 15S packs):

207Wh:

RockWheel GP12 / 14

Airwheel X3

Airwheel X8

IPS A130

and other models on request

388Wh:

Ninebot C, E and E +

414Wh:

RockWheel GR16 / 12

With modification for the Airwheel X3 / X8

IPS T260 / T350

828Wh:

All Firewheel models

1035Wh:

Gotway MSuper

++ Special designs and desired configurations are possible ++

Our BMS (Battery Management System) have all protective circuits that exist:

- Over-current protection 
- Short circuit protection 
- overload protection 
- Reverse polarity protection
- overtemperature protection 55/60 degrees (on request other temperatures possible) 
Strong cells Balancer

The packs are manufactured in the spot welding process on a spot welding machine.

Custom Rockwheels (sorry about the messed up layout, it's the forum software, not me ;)):

Here is one of our uprated RockWheel "M" wheels. The wheels are new, they are completely dismantled by us and revised. 
+ 66% more continuous output 
3.5 times peak power 
EMC enhanced 
high-current-resistant connectors

1rad workshop's photo.
At this GP14M an aluminum lamp head with a Cree Q5 LED (approx 250lumen) as headlight, a red 10mm LED as a backlight and a high-quality stainless steel switch with illuminated ring was installed. The whole thing is of course powered by a voltage converter from the battery
11078190_527493830725163_188098056106003

Car chargers:

12V car (24V lorry) battery charger for all unicycles 
seen in the picture: load test on rock Wheel GR16 
If interested, please inquire!

Charging power as the original 230V chargers

1rad workshop's photo.

Cool, do they say what cells they're using to yield this sort of capacity increases?

At least in this picture it's LG MJ1's (414Wh AirWheel battery):

11224600_583495611791651_691619868700467

Guess they buy them in fairly large bulks ;) 

11800171_583636201777592_193340668557774

EDIT: From other pictures, they also seem to use Samsung INR 18650 35E (3500mAh) and Sanyo 18650BL.

Yeah, the MJ1s look like winners. Dampfakkus are reviewing these at this moment, in comparative testing with the MH1 under 10A loads, surprisingly your MH1s come out slightly ahead & maintain their voltage a bit longer half way through. 

Nice to know, now if only I could finally get to test them... I kid you not, I've put the shell together & dismantled it again SIX times today. Either there's always something still scraping the tire a bit or some wires get pinched between the shells or the "poles" inside the front compartment, which are used for the screws connecting the halves... :wacko: The front-side is so full of wiring that it's really hard to get it placed correctly, and working with it is a real pain (both mentally and physically, as I've spent last two days hunched over the wheel on the floor), since you can't really see what's happening inside when closing...

Now I've finally got it to the point where "only" one nut of the bolt holding the shunt in place within the mainboard compartment is slightly scraping the tire at one point (the tire's a bit wider at that point, slightly deformed I guess)... If only I could get to that without tearing the whole thing down AGAIN. <_<

What a pain, I'm sure you'll get it worked out. The assembled Wheel will have 48cells? 

Yeah, 3 * 192Wh packs, still missing the last pack (Just to clarify: My packs were NOT made by 1RadWerkstatt, had I known of their existence when I ordered my packs, I would have ordered from them and saved a lot of grief and even some money ;)). Not sure if I could even fit the wiring for it anyway, look at this: :D

oDuw39O.jpg

Yeah, it's nice that the packs are separable one-by-one, and single Anderson-connectors by themselves are fairly small, but it all really does add up... ;) 

Yeah, 3 * 192Wh packs, still missing the last pack (Just to clarify: My packs were NOT made by 1RadWerkstatt, had I known of their existence when I ordered my packs, I would have ordered from them and saved a lot of grief and even some money ;)). Not sure if I could even fit the wiring for it anyway, look at this: :D

oDuw39O.jpg

Yeah, it's nice that the packs are separable one-by-one, and single Anderson-connectors by themselves are fairly small, but it all really does add up... ;) 

Esaj, That's a lot of wiring packed into that tiny space. Is there no way to cut back on some wires. Yea, those connectors add up.

Esaj, That's a lot of wiring packed into that tiny space. Is there no way to cut back on some wires. Yea, those connectors add up.

Getting the lengths more correct would cut back a bit on the space-requirements, but I'm afraid I'd make them too short and then have to rewire the whole damn thing :D  Plus I don't have enough spare connectors right now to do that, the JSTs and Andersons aren't exactly easy to "dismantle" once you push the connectors in, better get new ones then. But, I managed to get the wiring in the pretty good, and could now actually fit the 4th pack (once I finally get it, but I guess that it'll be winter by then), assuming I'd throw away the shunt from the mainboard compartment to fit the secondary PCB there (it's now in the otherwise empty 4th battery compartment). I never did post that last part of the project with pictures, guess I'll try to do that tomorrow. I did have to redo the last part (getting the wires correctly & everything so that nothing scrapes the tire) SEVEN times, before it went ok  :P

Probably the largest battery packs fitted to an EUC to date:

Battery Pack for GotWay MSuper

- Real 1035Wh 
- Plug and Play 
- redundant dual Battery Management 
- High current charging connectors and new high current charging port 
- High Quality Battery Cells

The unicycle gets a new high-current charging socket and in addition can be charged with a special charger from us with 8A charging current (500W).
Is thus charged after about 2 hours again and ready for use.

The charging socket is retrofitted and is not absolutely necessary. 
The original charging socket should be charged no more than 4A / excessive heating of the interior (the Wheel) connector.

1rad workshop's photo.

Archived