Kingsong Range recording. Whats your distance record?

Stan Onymous

I just keep getting impressed with the range of the Kingsong vehicles. Today I went for a 73.5 km ride. Thats over 45.6 miles. :thumbup: Still had 12% power and was only admonished twice about being too low on power and in need of a recharge. Speed was limited for the last 4-5 miles. From 28mph (my limit so far) to 24mph and 20 mph and finally 17 mph at the end. I weigh 150 lbs and the terrain was climing a Mountain, descending, racing along the river, traversing Elysian Park and Dodgers Stadium.

Found it to be a much nicer warning system than the original 18S, which took me 62 miles on a 1680wh battery.

So what is your record so far on a Kingsong? Good or Bad results are all welcome. Lets try to stay away from equivocators like someone is too scrawney or someone is too large carriaged. Just the recorded distance and the set up of the ride and the riders.

73.5 kms /  45.6 miles on a KS18L 1036wh battery.  :clap3: whats yours?

Hi, @Stan Onymous

I have not yet tried to reach the maximum distance of a charge, but my longest ride with my King Song 16-C (680Wh) is 51 km (32mi). After the trip, I had 45% power level left.

Data

• Battery level at start: 100% charged.
  • Battery level at ending: 45%.
  • Max speed: 35 km/h (22mph) (the app is set to give a tilt back at 30 km/h (19mph). It only gave one tilt back on the entire trip at a speed of 25 km/h (16mph)).
  • Average speed: 22 km/h (14mph).
  • Temperature outside: 25 degrees Celsius.
  • Max temperature of the wheel: 48 degrees Celsius.
  • Terrain: 33 km (20mi) of asphalt and 18 km (11mi) of forest paths.
  • lowest and highest point on the map: 1-65 m (3.3-213ft).
  • Air pressure in the wheel: 3 bar (43.5psi).
  • Tire: Schwalbe Mad Mike BMX Tyre
  • My weight with all equipment: 70 kg (154lbs).
  • Stops: 3 times for red light.

I use my wheel to travel and I do not do stunts with it. I'm also a friend of smooth starts and stops.

I charge the battery to a hundred percent level but remove the bulb before the charger's light turns green. After charging, I wait at least an hour before I use the wheel. I also let the battery rest for at least an hour after riding, before a new charge.
So It feels like the King Song 16-C has a very good performance, even though it's not the strongest EUC on the market.

17 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I just keep getting impressed with the range of the Kingsong vehicles. Today I went for a 73.5 km ride. Thats over 45.6 miles. :thumbup: Still had 12% power and was only admonished twice about being too low on power and in need of a recharge. Speed was limited for the last 4-5 miles. From 28mph (my limit so far) to 24mph and 20 mph and finally 17 mph at the end. I weigh 150 lbs and the terrain was climing a Mountain, descending, racing along the river, traversing Elysian Park and Dodgers Stadium.

Found it to be a much nicer warning system than the original 18S, which took me 62 miles on a 1680wh battery.

So what is your record so far on a Kingsong? Good or Bad results are all welcome. Lets try to stay away from equivocators like someone is too scrawney or someone is too large carriaged. Just the recorded distance and the set up of the ride and the riders.

Planning on a range test soon if I can get my hands on a day to do it. I am sure that I won't get your range; i'm at 220lbs. My son (who actually owns the 18L). weighs in at 170lbs. Although that is an impressive distance, I don't expect either of us to get 73 km as we both weigh more and ride in high alert, urban conditions; lots of varying speeds, avoidance maneuvers, starting and stopping, crowds of people, traffic, bikes, rats ?, etc.

10 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

I don't expect either of us to get 73 km as we both weigh more and ride in high alert, urban conditions; lots of varying speeds, avoidance maneuvers, starting and stopping, crowds of people, traffic, bikes, rats ?, etc.

I Live in Los Angeles. People only drive 4000lb cellphone booths. I know avoidance riding very well. Since pot is legal here, I am still waiting for some aficianado to run into me and explain that they wanted to get a better look at what they were seeing. I stop at all stp lights, try to recharge going downhills and move my arms infront of me on the long straightaways to lessen my wind resistance.

My theory is your extra weight should give you more inertia which should help regeneration and keeping steady high speeds if you can ameliorate the wind resistance somehow.  I pushed the wheel the entire way until it started giving me please decelerate warnings. Its actually a jolly warning system. I always smile at it. Oh and the voice reminds me of @Jason McNeil if he were a robot. Lol so its personable too.

18 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Real 95Km on a 18S 1680wh....proved by gps and chargedoctor.....

Edit: About 90kg...near 200 lbs..

18 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I Live in Los Angeles. People only drive 4000lb cellphone booths. I know avoidance riding very well. Since pot is legal here, I am still waiting for some aficianado to run into me and explain that they wanted to get a better look at what they were seeing. I stop at all stp lights, try to recharge going downhills and move my arms infront of me on the long straightaways to lessen my wind resistance.

My theory is your extra weight should give you more inertia which should help regeneration and keeping steady high speeds if you can ameliorate the wind resistance somehow.  I pushed the wheel the entire way until it started giving me please decelerate warnings. Its actually a jolly warning system. I always smile at it. Oh and the voice reminds me of @Jason McNeil if he were a robot. Lol so its personable too.

Yeah, we both live in towns where marijuana is legal; I live in DC. Although the weed smokers don't bother me nearly as much as regular texting and driving idiots, drunk drivers, drunk Uber drivers, Uber passengers who will swing open a door in your path (saw a cyclist smashed by an Uber passengers swinging door last week carried by ambulance from the scene). pedestrian crowding on streets, and bicycles and scooters (especially couriers who ride through the streets like daredevils).

You have an interesting theory. I'm not much of a physicist, but I can say from previous experience and rides through DC that: 

1. In my opinion, unless one has a death wish (Evil Kinevil types) there are few places to ride in DC that provide safe opportunities to keep steady "high" speeds.

2. My son, some 50lbs lighter, always achieved better range (roughly estimated to the tune of 30 extra minutes riding time) even though we were riding the same model wheel (ks18ay, 630wh) at the same time and place, at similar speeds, for the same distance.

Archived