Confused Newbie... too many choices...please help

Planetpapi

Hi, Just joined this forum. Seeking veterans advice because of sooo many choices and differing reviews. 

After reading elsewhere I kind of fixed on Firewheel. Then I read the review here and now I'm confused.

I would like to buy one that offers:

1. Reasonably long range around 20 miles

2. A battery that doesn't start a fire in my garage. ( LiPo or Li Ion, LiFe which one is good?)

3. Safe and long lasting at least few years on moderate usage like may be 3-4 times a week on regular streets

4. Under $1000USD

I am not concerned about top speeds (11 mph is plenty)  or too much climbing angles or off road stunts. 

I have seen some on Banggood.com and most reviews there are from new users who are excited about their toys, mostly reviewed them in the first week or two. So couldn't count on durability from those. Besides, all of them look COOL from out side. I loved the Ninebot looks but no telling of quality under the hood. Other than banggood, I don't know where to buy for USA.

I'm not a person to open and troubleshoot serious issues if some thing goes wrong. I can swap a board or remove a tube but nothing to do with electronics. That's why I am seeking your senior expertise. Thanks in advance!

1. For 20 miles that is about 32 km. I was told a ROUGH estimate is that every km equates to around 14wh. That means you need a euc that has a battery at least 450 Wh in capacity. Most wheels don't have that capacity by default from the factory. Two that I know of is Gotway and, as you mentioned, Firewheel. There could be more but I don't know about them.

2. LiFePO4 is clearly the winner for safety. If you want one that comes with it straight from the factory then you would need to buy a Solowheel.

3. Most eucs haven't been around "a few years" so that's hard to judge. I do know that Rockwheels tend to have a "nut" that loosens and hard to service yourself and it happens after a few months so do not get that.

4. Most all eucs are under that price (in China) except for the Solowheel. It costs about 150 USD to ship it the USA.

Since you don't care too much about power and performance I would advise you to get a Ninebot One. However, the battery is only 240wh for the E version which would give you only about 10 miles.

So far what I was reading all over the net and also have at home, there is not many of common brands to buy...

- IPS (but not the cheap ones)

- GotWay (I personaly think it is the best you can get for the price!)

Or you go very cheap, but usually because the high shipping prices there is no way for the cheap ones.

So far what I was reading all over the net and also have at home, there is not many of common brands to buy...

- IPS (but not the cheap ones)

- GotWay (I personaly think it is the best you can get for the price!)

Or you go very cheap, but usually because the high shipping prices there is no way for the cheap ones.

Dear tom., You may have a try our Caraok Unicycle.  I am sure you'll like it.  My Skype:zysales02    phone/What's app : +86 13510702126 you can add me for details.

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-173-0-91099300-1423470890.jpg
  •  
  • post-173-0-74431400-1423470892.jpg
  •  
  • post-173-0-83496600-1423470893.jpg
  •  
  • post-173-0-96581800-1423470894.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for asking.

Yes! I just got a TG-F3 few days back. Trying to ride it but weather is not permitting to take it outside. What I noticed was when I try to put my right foot on pedal ( leaning against the wall)  the wheel spins and it wants to go backwards, even before I put my other foot. Something wrong here?

Archived