Always read/watch the quick start guide!

TMinfidel

Hi all, new EUC'er checking in.

I got my new Ninebot One yesterday finally after it's long trip over from China on a train, I was starting to think it wasn't coming, given how terrible the parcel "tracking" was.

Unboxed it in the hall, turned it on, picked it up and was surprised when the wheel start spinning, and foolishly put it down again. Now I have a lovely black tyre mark on the carpet that won't come off. To say SWMBO was not happy was an understatement. Anyone got any tips for removing rubber from carpets when rubbing alcohol, WD40 and a ton of elbow grease have produced little result? Short of getting a professional in that is. As soon as I watch the quick start video, I realised the error of my ways.

Seriously though, absolutely loving it. I'm ashamed to say I bought a "hoverboard" a couple of years ago and used it 4 times before it went in the cupboard, never to see the light of day again. This is a whole different kettle of fish, and I was surprised to find I could mount and travel in a straight line within an hours practice, though I suspect turning is going to take a bit longer, since right now I'm clenching my legs together like crazy. I have some lovely inner calf/ankle bruises this morning!

Yeah, I think I've done the same mistake some time myself, but not on a carpet, from hard floors or concrete it's easier to get off. Not knowing anything about textiles, but I seriously doubt it's easy to get off there... likely a little bit of the tire rubber heated enough to melt and more or less bonded with the fabric when it cooled. Doubt anything that doesn't dissolve or heat the rubber enough can get it off, and that's bound to damage the textile ... Could be wrong though  :P 

3 hours ago, TMinfidel said:

Unboxed it in the hall, turned it on, picked it up and was surprised when the wheel start spinning, and foolishly put it down again. Now I have a lovely black tyre mark on the carpet that won't come off.

I think we have all done that ONCE, like @esaj I was lucky it was on a wooden floor which cleaned - eventually ☹️

For the benefit of any new EUC’ers reading this thread: if you do pick the wheel up off the ground and it starts spinning frantically Just hold on to it, it will reach its maximum speed, beep like crazy and shut itself down - THEN you can put it back on the ground ?.

As for the rubber marks on carpet, if it is a nylon or part nylon carpet you are probably screwed. If it is wool then Acetone (cellulose thinners, nail varnish remover - smells like pear drops ) is about the only thing that might remove it. Make sure the room is VERY well ventilated and carefully try it somewhere hidden first, it will likely dissolve man made fibres so could make an even worst mess than you have now.

Archived