Mt. Washington auto road on a Gotway euc

Bob Eisenman

Just got this email response:

"Hi Bob,

Fascinating!  I sure wish we could have had this communication 2 months ago.  We have an annual event here called Alton Weagle Day where we invite people to challenge the mountain on a personal basis.  That is the perfect platform for you to attempt a ride up the Auto Road on the Gotway.

Unfortunately the Auto Road gets too busy and is too narrow to entertain ideas like this in season.  You may have noted that we have a general prohibition on bicycles of any sort on the Auto Road except during the bicycle hillclimb in August when the road is closed for the event.  So, I’ll have to decline your request in the near term.  But I really would love to see you join us next Memorial Weekend for Alton Weagle Day.

Thanks for your email, I hope you’ll consider my invitation.

Howie Wemyss, General Manager

Mt Washington Auto Road"

Bob, Bob, Bob! We enjoy your videos and would like to continue to do so. Bob, get this idea out of your mind. Try something less dangerous like riding the Monster full-tilt backwards with Chooch in Denver or weave in and out of traffic in NYC at high speed, remembering to run red lights without looking. 

So Bob, are we going to New Hampshire this August? I am in Cape cod now and probably will be back at that time of the year. I can pick you up on my way there unless you are going to fly up there. I will bring my KS18s or possibly a newer more capable model. Lets do this ride. One of us has to make it up and down.

Damn, what a great idea:efeeec645d: If I lived in the U.S. and had a suitable wheel, I'd mark that day on my calendar right now and meet up with you then. Maybe you can get a group ride going, there have to be other wheelers interested in this.

Archived