Update KS16

OliverH

37 minutes ago, OliverH said:

I‘ve a KS16 with firmware 1.15 and would like to update. The last 2 Apps on iOS doesn‘t give me a new firmware. I‘m also not able to register an account. Any suggestions?

No matter if IOS or android: At the moment the firmware servers are down, (KS said that in a FB message)!

They are supposed to come alive again next week.....

Checked a couple of the update threads, but didn't find much info on what changes with the new versions. I'm still running 1.00 on the S with the old app and completely happy with it (I only use the app to check battery sometimes, and the wheel has worked just fine), but does anyone have a changelog for the newer versions?

I'm cautious of the firmware upgrades, since it's not like updating your phone or computer OS, the wheel's not connected to internet, so no need for security updates or such, only if there's either a serious problem with the firmware or it brings something really useful. I doubt there's anything in those updated versions I'd really need, I think someone mentioned the ability to adjust the side lights, but I keep them off anyway... Still interested in what's changed, though.

EDIT: Found these from some screenshots:

V 1.03: Newly lock successfully alarm (beeping) feature

V 1.02:

1. Repair the gyro calibrating datas
  2. With the lock unicycle function
  3. With the password connecting the unicycle function
  4. Calibrate the speed of unicycles

I haven't had problems with calibration or speed settings, so I think I'll still leave well enough alone  ;)

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, OliverH said:

I‘ve a KS16 with firmware 1.15 and would like to update. The last 2 Apps on iOS doesn‘t give me a new firmware. I‘m also not able to register an account. Any suggestions?

You have a KS16, or? Not a 16S?

If yes, then the fw history esaj wrote are not meant for you. 1.00 to 1.04 are just for the new S Series.

If so and you have KS16  there have been several updates from 1.15 to 1.25 or 1.26 (1.18, 1.20, 1.22, 1.23, 1.25 and i guess 1.26 was the last)

These update have even some real good Motor Driver changes in them, so from that side i would definitly do them :-) Much smoother and more torque from the start.

On 1.18 a real hefty and controverse  Speed reducement was introduced( starting 40%)...but with 1.25 or 26 they finally made it perfect again (starting 25% with proportional downgrading)

So i would definitly update...just alone for the better Motor Driver Firmware....

(next week or so, because Firmware Servers still offline :-) ) AND a warning: As far as i know...updating wheel Firmware  will only be possible with the new! White/orange app, at least i know this is so for the newer S series....(but i guess was for the older models, too, that they unplugged the old app from updating )

@esaj I am not totally sure...some say whith 1.04 there have been coming better Motor Drivers to the 16S, also....

And btw.: On the new app...if the update process Fails(because exiting, getting offline etc etc)...you will be able to repeat it as often as you want. While on the older app you have to get to a seller...on the newer app this Firmware update is much more "failsafe"

On 4/30/2018 at 3:41 PM, US69 said:

You have a KS16, or? Not a 16S?

If yes, then the fw history esaj wrote are not meant for you. 1.00 to 1.04 are just for the new S Series.

If so and you have KS16  there have been several updates from 1.15 to 1.25 or 1.26 (1.18, 1.20, 1.22, 1.23, 1.25 and i guess 1.26 was the last)

These update have even some real good Motor Driver changes in them, so from that side i would definitly do them ? Much smoother and more torque from the start.

On 1.18 a real hefty and controverse  Speed reducement was introduced( starting 40%)...but with 1.25 or 26 they finally made it perfect again (starting 25% with proportional downgrading)

So i would definitly update...just alone for the better Motor Driver Firmware....

(next week or so, because Firmware Servers still offline :-) ) AND a warning: As far as i know...updating wheel Firmware  will only be possible with the new! White/orange app, at least i know this is so for the newer S series....(but i guess was for the older models, too, that they unplugged the old app from updating )

@esaj I am not totally sure...some say whith 1.04 there have been coming better Motor Drivers to the 16S, also....

And btw.: On the new app...if the update process Fails(because exiting, getting offline etc etc)...you will be able to repeat it as often as you want. While on the older app you have to get to a seller...on the newer app this Firmware update is much more "failsafe"

Yes, 16A. The first FW releaes having problems with cut off in standing position..

Archived