how wide tires could you fit in a gw tesla?

I go through two inner tubes for each tire. (The lower the pressure, the more inner tubes you're going to wear out. I don't mean punctures. I mean the sidewall rubber will weaken and the tube can't be saved regardless if you patch it. It will simply leak again 100km later. Puncture or no puncture.). You're going to ride a higher pressure than me (84kg) so maybe you'll be able to use one tube per tire, but if you're like me and like to keep riding even if the tread is a bit shallow, then I'd recommend 2 inner tubes.

Yes you need a bent valve and an inner tube for 2.5in tires. Not all inner tubes with bent valves fit. It's a bit of a hit and miss. If the valve is pointing to the side it might hit the shell. The best fit is when it's pointing in the direction it rotates, or a very very slight sideways angle. (It's better with no angle than too much.)

Right now I'm running an inner tube that hits my shell when I sharply turn left and it's annoying. I wish I had another inner tube but I didn't at the time of mounting so I'm stuck with this. It's not terrible but, not ideal. I wish I just had bought 2-3 and could pick a good one. Because the seller isn't going to care about picking the right valve angle. I'd say 2/3 out of all inner tubes I've come across are acceptable. If you have two you'll likely not have a problem.

Some people have reported fixing bad valve shape issues with putting a valve spacer between the inner tube and the rim. I haven't tried it. 

Edited by alcatraz
  • Thanks 1