Faster charging

exoplanet

30 minutes ago, exoplanet said:

Yes. And you are a cautious german:) It is another ninebot battery pack. Should I discharge the packs completely before connecting them, or should I fully charge both of them?

Thank you for the information.

By the way. do you think the sticker on the charger is lying? that is actually provides 63V?

Also, Why could one potentially not just make a 63V battery pack from double A batteries and hook that one up?

dude you have a 50-50 chance of blowing up your house when you dont really know what youre doing 100% and that is especially dangerous when its tinkering with lithium batteries wich can carry an outragerous amount of enrgy so if you fuck up then kaboom

no were not being extra carefull we are just not willing to tinker with something that dangerous without knowing anything about it for sure

and i think were being trolled if yes then stop please... and just say its for fun before you drag it out too much.. :huh:

1 hour ago, exoplanet said:

I am thinking I will connect positive with positive wire and negative with negative wire from the two battery packs. I will make sure to not short the wires. I will solder them together  and have one output like there is now, going into the board. So fully charged or fully empty? I am looking for a range extender in this instance. I think I will get an ebike for higher speeds.

Fully charged or fully empty does not matter.  Just use a multi-meter and make sure they are within 0.1V of each other before connecting them to make sure you don't have too much of a current insurge into one of the packs.  

1 minute ago, exoplanet said:

I am running a motor on my batteriesnow to fully discharge them before soldering them together.wish me luck

No luck needed - they will be dead once the are fully discharged. No need to solder them anymore...:ph34r:

1 minute ago, exoplanet said:

. I want to be cryopreserved by the way. not cremated, buried or used for experiments. and not promession either.

59 minutes ago, exoplanet said:

So I connect the full battery pack in parallell? Not open up the pack and join it with the other pack? It is good to have the bms chip in two instances?

Holy shit! What is this idiot doing?

This is like SWATing, except self-inflicted.

7 hours ago, exoplanet said:

What does a decent tent cost these days? And what should one watch out for if one goes to prison?

I think a tent is too complex for you. Go live in a bush and eat nuts and berries. Avoid technology and other people. Don't go on forums. 

In prison. Don't drop the soap or go on forums. 

41 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I think a tent is too complex for you. Go live in a bush and eat nuts and berries. Avoid technology and other people. Don't go on forums. 

In prison. Don't drop the soap or go on forums. 

greatest advice ive heard in years

15 hours ago, exoplanet said:

By the way. Will I have a problem with soldering because of the ground connection of the soldering iron?

No issues with that because the battery isn't also hooked up to your house ground.  Now, if you grounded the battery to your house ground then tried to solder on the positive terminal, your soldering iron may get fried if it didn't have electrical protection built in.  

15 hours ago, exoplanet said:

It will be so nice to have enough range to get places and be able to ride up my long hill without having a voltage drop. That happens because I am draining the battery faster than the chemical reactions can keep up, right?

Yes, the droop should be resolved having an additional pack in parallel.  The current load on the cells should drop by 1/2.

Why didn't you just do a Y-connector between the batteries instead of soldering them together?  

Let us know about your results.  How did you get the extra pack mounted?

Archived