Airwheel X8

dmpatanis

7 hours ago, dmpatanis said:

What about the Airwheel X8 i want to buy it used.

Have you seen the Ninebot 14 inch wheel?  It has almost twice the battery size and is a newer technology, with more power and range, and more features.  

If you can get a used Airwheel x8 at a good price, you should do it.  Just be more careful while learning because the wheel is weak compared to most of the newer wheels.

https://www.amazon.com/Segway-Balancing-Personal-Transporter-Control/dp/B01M1SFFNE/ref=br_lf_m_8zbercosysdp9sm_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=sporting-goods

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 6:01 PM, steve454 said:

Have you seen the Ninebot 14 inch wheel?  It has almost twice the battery size and is a newer technology, with more power and range, and more features.  

If you can get a used Airwheel x8 at a good price, you should do it.  Just be more careful while learning because the wheel is weak compared to most of the newer wheels.

https://www.amazon.com/Segway-Balancing-Personal-Transporter-Control/dp/B01M1SFFNE/ref=br_lf_m_8zbercosysdp9sm_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=sporting-goods

I'd generally agree with Steve454 - the X8 is a decent learning wheel if you can get it at a good price (particularly if you're a heavier rider like me), but you will probably outgrow it fast once you know how to ride. Airwheel also seems to be focusing more on dual-wheeled unicycles (Q-series) as the styling, range and features of their single-wheel unicycles (X-series) have pretty much stayed the same over time vs. equivalent/similar wheels from Inmotion, Kingsong, etc.

So if you're just looking to learn how to ride an EUC and then move on/up, go for an Airwheel X8...but if you're only going to own one wheel, I think there are better choices than an X8.

44 minutes ago, dmpatanis said:

I want EUC to travel at my work about 20km and not have an electonic problems

Than you can Forget about an x8....i would not advise for an X8 for driving to work! (or at all!)

You can get an X8 for learning to drive EUC....but it is absolutly not on the Standards of a new 2016/2017 wheel! X8 is 2014 technique and can get quite dangerous on low Batterie Level, as this X8 more protects the Batterie, than the Driver! It can shut off and send you flying....

But i dont understand it!  Didn't you have some got some tips here and now wanted to look for a MCM3???

I can tell you that you will NOT find a 20km commuter wheel, which is reliable, for cheaper than 500/600 bucks....if Money is a Problem, i would go and wait and save some Money, that is better than to buy crap wheel...which is like throwing Money out of the window :-)

2 hours ago, dmpatanis said:

I want EUC to travel at my work about 20km and not have an electonic problems

Wait...is your commute is 20km away or you want to travel at 20 km/hour?

(I'm a little confused...)

30 minutes ago, dmpatanis said:

my commute is 10km from my house to work and back again.So total 20km.

Thanks for the clarification. In that case, I'd say that @KingSong69is right, particularly since we don't know enough about you or the factors that would affect the distance you'd be able to get out of an X8. I'd go with a wheel with the biggest battery that you can afford to make sure you've got enough charge to get to work and back...

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Airwheel X8 something like 174Wh? Even a very lightweight rider (something like 50kg/110lbs or even below) probably couldn't get 20km out from the battery, if it could be charged at work, then it might be enough, otherwise most definitely not.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

I am also selling an X8 with less than 5 hours on it.  Flexible on price. Based in Washington DC. reply if interested

A couple of things to note: the thread is over a year old and the guy who wanted to buy one is in Greece, the shipping costs would probably be pretty steep...

Archived