InMotion V8 Curb Jump

charlesrg

1 hour ago, charlesrg said:

I noticed the V8 does not have any cushion on the top sides and the case looks slippery shiny. Do you guys think that would be a problem to wrap the legs on it to do small jumps like into a curb or small obstacle ?

I can't answer the precise question you asked, but you can pass the shown curbs with an V8, even if you don't jump the wheel. Up to 10cm isn't an issue at all by just releasing some of your weight and let the wheel climb the curb under you.

18 minutes ago, Mono said:

I can't answer the precise question you asked, but you can pass the shown curbs with an V8, even if you don't jump the wheel. Up to 10cm isn't an issue at all by just releasing some of your weight and let the wheel climb the curb under you.

The jump would add style points. I'm wondering if the grab is on the foot or on the calf. If it's a food grab then it should not be an issue.

On 30/12/2016 at 10:10 PM, charlesrg said:

The jump would add style points. I'm wondering if the grab is on the foot or on the calf. If it's a food grab then it should not be an issue.

I actually find gliding more stylish than jumping, but that's of course a matter of personal taste. In any case, this video should answer your question by analogy (at 22:17). The V8 is about 1.2kg heavier, but that should not make the decisive difference. 

On 12/30/2016 at 2:51 PM, Mono said:

Up to 10cm isn't an issue at all by just releasing some of your weight and let the wheel climb the curb under you.

That is a key point, by releasing some of the weight the wheel has no problem with obstacles.  You don't have to jump the wheel, just yourself.

On 30-12-2016 at 9:51 PM, Mono said:

Hmm I'm hitting the comfortablenesslevel where I'm also thinking about jumping up stuff on my v8. Never thought of letting the unit "drive" up the curb by releasing my weight. Too bad I'm only reading this now, think I'll try it out next weekend (both jumping and gliding up). Unless my new commute requires me to jump curbs already, going to find out tomorrow ;).

Sidenote: Actually driving up small curbs 3-4 cm is no problem for the v8 (I do that without thinking/special action)

7 hours ago, Pagsy said:

What if it is higher than 10 cm? the question is valid, I used to jump more than 12-15 cm with the E+ ... I can't do anymore with the V8 unless someone gives me a tip !

How about gluing one of this to each side of your v8 ?

https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-WaveRest-Mouse-Black-F8E262-BLK/dp/B00000JRRD?th=1

25 minutes ago, charlesrg said:

How about gluing one of this to each side of your v8 ?

https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-WaveRest-Mouse-Black-F8E262-BLK/dp/B00000JRRD?th=1

I agree, it seems promising to fit some soft bulbs which one can catch with the feet when jumping. Maybe two on each side, one for the forefoot and one for the heel. EDIT: two soft bulbs which can be fitted to the side are already part of the package the V8 comes with. 

Archived