Are lucky all americans...If I look at the selling price of Segway Ninebot Plus in United States, it's $ 799, it's 650 euros, if i look at the selling price in Europa, it's 999 euros, it's 1227 dollars

american price (segway shop is redirected to amazon marketplace)  https://www.amazon.com/miniPLUS-Self-Balancing-Transporter-Pneumatic-Integrated/dp/B074VLZPDZ/ref=sr_1_1?s=boost&srs=12034488011&ie=UTF8&qid=1513714190&sr=1-1&keywords=segway+miniPLUS

german price by exemple https://shop.segway.com/de-de/22/-segway-miniplus

What makes a difference of 429 dollars or 349 euros

Chinese Official price 3499rmb,  is 450 euros/552 dollars

It is a bit strange the wide discrepancies.  There was an ebay seller had a few at $699, not sure if they sold, or was forced to remove the listings.  But when Amazon was selling the Pros for $400 last year and the 2018 for $350 this year,  you know we're getting some pretty good deals here.  Of course if you try to buy any accessories they kill you.  

US price normally excludes state tax, right? and EU price includes VAT and free delivery.

I think the price difference is not that big in total.

Nobody will service Xiaomi Ninebot Plus in Europe but for Jojo, it's not a problem at all. You know much more about the product than most people.

7 hours ago, cloudust said:

US price normally excludes state tax, right? and EU price includes VAT and free delivery.

I think the price difference is not that big in total.

I did not know about taxes in the United States, it is not included in the price of amazon US? I saw free shipping and nothing else about tax...

@FreeRide

7 hours ago, cloudust said:

Nobody will service Xiaomi Ninebot Plus in Europe but for Jojo, it's not a problem at all. You know much more about the product than most people.

Not much more than another owner, I spend time watching the Chinese forums, this week I learned how to remove the steering bar with a towel, it is a very good idea that I will quote on my blog

The purpose of my blog is to gather all the knowledge, tips, ideas, tips, users experiences in the world so that our community have a tool they use as needed.
I have of course my own experiences and personal investigations that bring a plus

Today the camera fell from the Mini Plus while it was well fixed, there is a new problem, it should not have fallen, this is an example.

Often I am contacted in a private message, I help, and I also help thanks to what I have learned from others
But the problem is that sometimes the people I help do not give me any more news, so I do not know if my advice worked.

This month I solved an after sale service problem for a Mini Plus user, the steering shaft was not responding
The last solution would have been to find the spare part and help the user to dismantle and install, i will move at 350 km from my home for help him, 
But with my advice he managed to get everything refunded even more ... And I'm happy because the Chinese dealer is honest.

Unfortunetly i will never know what's happened with this Mini PLUS.

During the period of 2016/2017 clones, I intervened directly to  fake dealers Mini, I told them that I was publishing their name and photo shop on my blog, they refunded the victims, and their stores disapears sudennly  hahahahah

Im happy to help and my blog contains all you need to know about Mini (and i dont finish now i have more space and i have 5 gigas of documents to publish)

And I am very happy that one of my partner of the blog is an honest seller, maybe not very reactive, need to wait a dozen days, but honest with the customers,
because if not, it is the image of my blog and my image is marred

All that worries me today is security
In no case a Mini or an electric wheel can fail to safety

Last week, again, a french mini owner have his bodyframe broken sudenly, still happy he was not rolling

The chassis will crack over time, whatever the driving style,   and this is a serious security fail

14 hours ago, jojo33 said:

I did not know about taxes in the United States, it is not included in the price of amazon US? I saw free shipping and nothing else about tax...

@FreeRide

Yes, depending on where you live in the US, and where the item is shipped from, a US buyer may be subject to State Sales Tax on Amazon (was not the case a couple years ago).  So it depends on the item, the seller, and the warehouse.  State tax though is generally a lot less than VAT, it also varies from state to state with the lowest being 0% and the highest being 7.25% (California).

10 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Yes, depending on where you live in the US, and where the item is shipped from, a US buyer may not be subject to State Sales Tax on Amazon (was not the case a couple years ago).  So it depends on the item, the seller, and the warehouse.  State tax though is generally a lot less than VAT, it also varies from state to state with the lowest being 0% and the highest being 7.25% (California).

Here, Segway USA seems to sell only with amazon

And you can only know the final price when you placed an order and in the end the merchant site includes taxes? About Mini Plus price we can not get $ 429 taxes anyway? can it be only 60 dollars maximum?

3 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Here, Segway USA seems to sell only with amazon

And you can only know the final price when you placed an order and in the end the merchant site includes taxes? About Mini Plus price we can not get $ 429 taxes anyway? can it be only 60 dollars maximum?

Ninebot US Inc. sells through other sites in the US such as newegg.com, ebay, and others.  They offer the MiniPro and othe Ninebot products, but not the Plus; the Plus seems to be available exclusively from Amazon and ebay. 

One can see the final price in their cart, or when on the item page clicking on the list of sellers/offers link will show the base price, shipping, and taxes for each offer. 

Ps... SDONA LLC sometimes lists the minipro on Amazon directly (north american distributor) often the tax is different between them and Amazon for my state. No matter if you order from amazon or them, it usually ships directly from the distributor. (Looks like now both might ship through Amazon)

Pss... Amazon exclusive on the Plus may be over as other sellers now offer it on Amazon. 

Archived