King Song - Does Not Start

dhlee3

I received my King Song 14C about two weeks ago and have ridden it about a dozen times. It offers one of the smoothest rides of any glidewheel I have ridden so far. The problem is that it does not work any more. I am worried that the construction inside is not durable.

After riding through a grass field I hit a bump that threw me off. This was not a big fall and I was going less than 10km/hr. When I tried to get the wheel going again, it would not start - it had about 75% battery left. When I try to turn it on, the lights do a quick flash, it makes a small whimper, and then nothing - it never turns on. It's been like this for a couple days now so it's not a temporary issue that is going away. I contacted Tina who gave me a suggestion to try that did not work. I am waiting to hear back on next steps.

Anyone else had similar experience?

Can you connect to the Wheel with the App? What's the reported voltage? If that checks out, then it's probably the control-board which has failed. KS have an improved board that they released a week back. They've also just hired a new manager of QC, who she says is going to be much more thorough in making sure issues don't make it through the safety net. 

Unfortunately, the app is only for Android and not available for iPhone yet which is what I have. Tina asked if I could connect to the BT, but it doesn't come up as a device on my phone. 

I really love the KS wheels and think they could quickly become a dominant brand, but if they don't get rigorous with the QC, these types of failures are going to sink them. 

I'm hoping the company work this out with you. I am waiting for mine, which is supposed to here be a few more days. Sometimes, even quality merchandise have freak accidents/breakdowns. When that happens, the company should show good customer service, and that would be a huge plus for King Song. If the customer service is not good, then that's real bad news for the company and the customer. I hope this has a happy ending for all concerned.

I'm hoping the company work this out with you. I am waiting for mine, which is supposed to here be a few more days. Sometimes, even quality merchandise have freak accidents/breakdowns. When that happens, the company should show good customer service, and that would be a huge plus for King Song. If the customer service is not good, then that's real bad news for the company and the customer. I hope this has a happy ending for all concerned.

Same here. Very curious on who steps up to help him out.  I'm very close to buying one in the next few days and this would be good info to know

@dhlee3

Where did you order your King Song unit?

The way the warranty works is, King Song provides a one year warranty to your distributor on the main parts - motor, battery, and main control board.

The distributor who you bought from is in charge of creating the service portion of the warranty. So, whatever you and they agreed on will apply.

Archived