Using App with used GW wheel

I recently bought a used ACM. (It arrives Tuesday) I’ve been doing some reading and it looks as though you need to “register “ your GW wheel to use the app. Being that I purchased the wheel second hand will this cause any issues for me ? Thanks ! 

1. You can just use the old 1.0 app which requires no account/login of any kind. It has the same exact functionality as the 2.0 app with account requirements. You can get it from the download section here.
  2. I believe all you need for an account is a valid motor code. Once you have that account, you can use it with any Gotway wheel, it won't (actually, it can't) check what motor code the wheel has.
    So if you want to use the 2.0 "social" app, ask the seller for the account info (login/password) or you need to make an account yourself.
    I don't even know where you'd get the 2.0 app nowadays, there was some Facebook page but now it's empty.
    (If you really have no other option, I have a spare motor code I can give you, in case of serious emergency. But ask the seller first for an account or one of his unused Gotway motor codes - you just need any valid one and he needs only one account for any number of GW wheels he has. Or wait for your msuper motor code.)
  3. Both apps are really shitty. Too easy to accidentally fat-finger some setting or switch off all warnings with the undecipherable translation ("What does "Open all alarm" mean? I don't want to find out.)
    You only should use them for calibrating or setting speed beeps/tiltback (the newer Wheellog version posted here in a thread may [maybe?] also be able to do some of this, the older one on the Play Store can't).
    Use third party apps - Wheellog on Android, Darknessbot, Gyrometrics on iOS - for everything else. I haven't installed any official GW app on my new phone yet and didn't miss it ever as calibration/alarms/tiltback were already set and that's all you need it for.

12 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:
  1. You can just use the old 1.0 app which requires no account/login of any kind. It has the same exact functionality as the 2.0 app with account requirements. You can get it from the download section here.
  2. I believe all you need for an account is a valid motor code. Once you have that account, you can use it with any Gotway wheel, it won't (actually, it can't) check what motor code the wheel has.
    So if you want to use the 2.0 "social" app, ask the seller for the account info (login/password) or you need to make an account yourself.
    I don't even know where you'd get the 2.0 app nowadays, there was some Facebook page but now it's empty.
    (If you really have no other option, I have a spare motor code I can give you, in case of serious emergency. But ask the seller first for an account or one of his unused Gotway motor codes - you just need any valid one and he needs only one account for any number of GW wheels he has. Or wait for your msuper motor code.)
  3. Both apps are really shitty. Too easy to accidentally fat-finger some setting or switch off all warnings with the undecipherable translation ("What does "Open all alarm" mean? I don't want to find out.)
    You only should use them for calibrating or setting speed beeps/tiltback (the newer Wheellog version posted here in a thread may [maybe?] also be able to do some of this, the older one on the Play Store can't).
    Use third party apps - Wheellog on Android, Darknessbot, Gyrometrics on iOS - for everything else. I haven't installed any official GW app on my new phone yet and didn't miss it ever as calibration/alarms/tiltback were already set and that's all you need it for.

Thanks man! I’m an iOS user. Though I’m thinking more and more that getting a cheap android phone just to use for my wheels might be a worthwhile investment. I’ve messaged the seller so hopefully he can just give me the login info . Being that it is a used wheel I’d assume the speed had already been unlocked but he did say he was a “conservative “ rider and never really ever pushed the wheel so I’m thinking the presets might be lower than what I’d want . 

I guess I’ll need to wait and see what happens . Is the V1 app also available for iOS ??

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

Is the V1 app also available for iOS ??

No, that's a problem.

Ist believe Darknessbot can change some settings though (paid functionality, maybe).

Just get a friend's Android, set your alarms and tiltback, and you're done anyways.

(Also sending you a PM, want to try something)

Archived