will a ks16 tire fit a gotway tesla?

Shad0z

Yes. I put a 16'' inch Kenda tire on my ACM today. Works perfectly well.

You need the tire and some tire levers as used when exchanging bicycle tires (ideally, three). Use plastic ones, metal ones scratch/bend/damage the soft aluminium rim of the motor. Tire change is annoying because you have to semi-disassemble the wheel, but not that hard once you know what to do.

The trick to getting the bent metal tire tube through the hole in the rim again, is put on the new tire first so it's on the rim, but on both sides it is outside of the rim (at the final position, it will be on the inside of the rim on both sides, naturally). This gives you enough slack so you can more easily get the inner tube where it needs to be, and especially to get the bent pipe through the hole. Later you can lever the tire on the inside of the rim on both sides.

If it works like with the ACM, you only need to remove the left side shell (the side where there is no cable coming out of the motor axis and going to the board). But to separate the shells, you probably need to open the right (motor cable side) side panel because there will be some screws under there that keep the two shell halves together.

Check this video out, it's Marty with the ACM, but probably the Tesla works very similar. You can see how you need to semi-disassemble to get to a tire change position. Maybe there's a better video for the Tesla, I don't know.

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Yes. I put a 16'' inch Kenda tire on my ACM today. Works perfectly well.

You need the tire and some tire levers as used when exchanging bicycle tires (ideally, three). Use plastic ones, metal ones scratch/bend/damage the soft aluminium rim of the motor. Tire change is annoying because you have to semi-disassemble the wheel, but not that hard once you know what to do.

The trick to getting the bent metal tire tube through the hole in the rim again, is put on the new tire first so it's on the rim, but on both sides it is outside of the rim (at the final position, it will be on the inside of the rim on both sides, naturally). This gives you enough slack so you can more easily get the inner tube where it needs to be, and especially to get the bent pipe through the hole. Later you can lever the tire on the inside of the rim on both sides.

If it works like with the ACM, you only need to remove the left side shell (the side where there is no cable coming out of the motor axis and going to the board). But to separate the shells, you probably need to open the right (motor cable side) side panel because there will be some screws under there that keep the two shell halves together.

Check this video out, it's Marty with the ACM, but probably the Tesla works very similar. You can see how you need to semi-disassemble to get to a tire change position. Maybe there's a better video for the Tesla, I don't know.

i have alreadyt dissasembled my tesla to a good degree to get to it once.. now just again.. .

im out riding again. the ks16 tire is very slightly thnner than the tesla tire but nothing i notice- but one thing i do notice a little is the kenda tire is harder on the surface. that means slightly less shock absorption and small bumps in the road are slightly more noticeable. but nothing special

it works now. and im happy

Archived