Fitbit heart rate vs speed graphs on Gotway Monster

Bob Eisenman

I wore a Fitbit HR on a long (22 ish miles) ride on my Gotway Monster while recording the speed vs distance track with Geotracker. Fitbit tells me that my heart rate was almost all of the type associated with 'fat burn' during the ride with an average speed of 8.3 mph (max 14.7 mph).

58814.jpg

7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I wore a Fitbit HR on a long (22 ish miles) ride on my Gotway Monster while recording the speed vs distance track with Geotracker. Fitbit tells me that my heart rate was almost all of the type associated with 'fat burn' during the ride with an average speed of 8.3 mph (max 14.7 mph).

58814.jpg22

22 miles is pretty far, the monster has fantastic range.  You got the 2400wh right?  Do you charge it every other day?

Looks like a good workout.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:45 PM, steve454 said:

Looks like a good workout.

58935.jpg

400 calories is like 30 minutes of stair climbing on a gym machine. 

This 1600 wh Monster charges up to 100% when I'm sleeping. From about 30% battery it can charge up almost completely between noon and dinner.

At 20% battery (30ish or less gps miles on streets in cold weather) it beeps a lot, goes slowly and doesn't handle going UP modest inclines without constant audio queues. It goes DOWN long inclines at the 20% level with ease. I'm usually ready to get off it for awhile after 25 or 30 miles.

The Google Map distance from GPS app route exports and the wheels odometer differ. The wheels odometer returns a lower value than GPS route tracks.

Example:

27.3 vs 31.2 miles

If you ask Google what 400 calories of exercise is the response from Google says:

"A 185-pound person can burn 400 calories in 30 minutes on an ellipticalmachine, but only about 200 calories doing moderate calisthenics for that same amount of time. Someone who weighs 200 pounds can burn about 400 calories in 30 minutes on a stair treadmill."

17 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

400 calories is like 30 minutes of stair climbing on a gym machine.

It adds up over time.  I need to start doing some longer rides.

1600wh is 5 times the battery capacity of the ninebot.  No need to charge during the day anymore.  You found a great deal on that one.:thumbup:

9 hours ago, steve454 said:

No need to charge during the day anymore.

Yes and no. The great range attained can transport me in one charge to my destination to let's say Boston where like a beached whale the EUC becomes a freak paperweight on a wheel. However the return trip on let's say the commuter rail, without an afternoon charge to enable self transit back on the EUC, may be subject to the watchful eye of State Police and transit personnel who may (yesterday) stop and inspect my boarding intent by asking me to first produce a valid ticket for the mass transit vehicle. Once aboard the train, preferably uncrowded during non peak hours, there have been no issues.

I've charged the Monster twice at the BPL (Boston Public Library), once making a $10 online contribution to the BPL, and then ridden the same distance back without a problem.

On 11/21/2017 at 3:40 AM, Bob Eisenman said:

Yes and no. The great range attained can transport me in one charge to my destination to let's say Boston where like a beached whale the EUC becomes a freak paperweight on a wheel. However the return trip on let's say the commuter rail, without an afternoon charge to enable self transit back on the EUC, may be subject to the watchful eye of State Police and transit personnel who may (yesterday) stop and inspect my boarding intent by asking me to first produce a valid ticket for the mass transit vehicle. Once aboard the train, preferably uncrowded during non peak hours, there have been no issues.

I've charged the Monster twice at the BPL (Boston Public Library), once making a $10 online contribution to the BPL, and then ridden the same distance back without a problem.

Wow, the Monster is in a class of its own.

Do you use a fast charger? How long do you have it on your charger, typically? How hot does the brick get?

4 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Do you use a fast charger? How long do you have it on your charger, typically? How hot does the brick get?

Fast charger...no

About 1 hour of charging per 10% (or more) battery level increase (1600 wh)

From 30% to about 100% from late morning to late afternoon.

Or

Plug it in before bed and unplug the next morning. 

The charger is a little on the hot side during use but you can pick it up with your hand, no problem. Amp and a half charge rate .

I'm not a battery chemistry expert (which lithium ion species and it's valence) but the 'steady state' amperage delivery to the motor under load is such that at rest stops the charge level pops back up a significant amount which you see on the chart. It rapidly falls back down under load.

A recent ride from 100% (cold temps maybe 30s to low 40s) went:

Apt to train station (10 miles, Ninebot would be on battery management during last mile in cold)

Ride from Boston's commuter rail station to Watertown and back along the Charles river (about 17 miles)

Ride from home town rail station to apartment (about 2 miles)

About 20% battery left.

59655.png

Archived