Newbie! Which one? Inmotion V3 or Swagtron?

aalenkin

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

2 wheels make it hard to dodge anything, as you're either always going in a straight line like a tank (more or less whether you like it or not), or put some weight on one foot until suddenly the machine tips over and you're balancing on one of the wheels, and then you do the curve. This is the opposite of doing smooth curves and smoothly varying the radius as you go. It's more on-off.

I'd prefer any one-wheeled EUC to maneuver, probably even the 22 inch Monster is easier than a 2-wheeled device in this respect. (You'll note I don't call the two-wheelers 'EUCs' because in my opinion, they're missing the main thing that makes EUCs attractive - the smooth, mind-controlly intuitive way you fly over the ground and just go where you 'think' to go.)

Yep, these things are way too expensive for a buy if you are new to the concept and not yet addicted.

The 14D is $800 and is lightyears ahead of the alternatives you mention.

If you can't spend that much, any EUC (even two-wheeled) will be great and you'll love it (see the V3 review video above). So before you get nothing, get ANYTHING.

But if you maybe can come up with the 14D money, hundreds of dollars (anything 300+ is a ton of money in my book) spent on a much lesser wheel are a bit waste of money, price vs. what-you-get ratio wise (even the V3pro starts at 500 new, and 400+ for the 14B or IPS a130... lots of money).

Sincerely hope the Black Friday thing will work out for you.

Also, not plannable, but a good used EUC in California can't be that rare, maybe you're lucky. If that used V3 mentioned in this thread works out for you, also a great option if the price is low.

Thank you! Ive decided after reading through forum posts, asking questions here and watching a boatload of videos I should definitely got to a 1 wheeler.  At worse I will have a ton of range I can choose from and sell it to downgrade to a two wheeler and make most of my money back IF I ever do.

Again thinking I am probably going to fall in love with these things, everyone in the videos I have seen has the biggest smile on their face!  I have seen some postings on Craigslist, although I am concerned about buying what seems to be a highly sensitive piece of equipment without some individual feedback or reputation of seller.

I am keeping my eyes peeled! I received an email late last night from Jason stating he is working on update the website and will provide updated prices soon!  Might as well wait and strike while the iron is hot on some sales and go for a bigger wheel.

Thinking of Kingsong 14d or even 16?

It IS hard to jump into , and spend $$ on something. Especially if you don't have experience. Try and see if there is anyone local, dealer...group...whomever, that can let you try one or more. 

The dealer I got mine from lent me a 14" "trainer" for a week, but within a couple days I knew I had to get the 16" I had my eye on. 

The psychological step is the first (BIG) barrier. Lots of people are like "No way would I even try anything like that!". Like my wife, she refused even to try the 2 wheel scooters I had! If you think you will like it, and have the patience to learn the (relatively short learning curve) just to get going, you probably will be fine! 

I really don't have a lot of experience yet, only about 500 miles on the 2 I've had. So, not trying to push you into a 16". I am around 200# so, the 16" is better for me. If you are lighter/smaller, a 14" may be fine. 

1 hour ago, aalenkin said:

Thank you! Ive decided after reading through forum posts, asking questions here and watching a boatload of videos I should definitely got to a 1 wheeler. 

Best decision you could make!!!

A colleague of mine didnt hear to my tips, and because of saving some Money went for a 2 wheeled airwheel! The worst he could ever do! End of Story:

He has no fun whatsoever, as this Thing is to unstable in curves and on bumps, and so now he is sitting on a 2 wheel crap Thing that nobody wants to buy...Money saved? In contrary!

With a 14 or 16 from KS you can do nothing wrong...and buying from @Jason McNeil is a very good idea,too ! Best Reputation here!!!

Archived